how do you guys like your DROID?

OP
cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
Got my droid on the 9th, and it is my first smart phone ever, but I have had no problem whatsoever! Everyone keeps complaining about the camera, and call quality, and battery life and I haven't had any of those problems! It's exactly what I hoped it would be, so glad I got the droid instead of the Storm 2!

i was thinking of the same thing.. i wanted the storm 2 as well since i have the tour but i kept saying to myself wait for Nov6 a billion times.. and when that day came, i drove directly to my verizon store right after work..

droidfanboy

Reaction score
i was thinking of the same thing.. i wanted the storm 2 as well since i have the tour but i kept saying to myself wait for Nov6 a billion times.. and when that day came, i drove directly to my verizon store right after work..[/QUOTE]

so funny i told myself when i got my storm 2 i would stick with it and be strong but then i heard the droid had free navigation and push email with gmail which is what i use for work and play i was sold i jumped right to verizon upod gettign off paid the difference and sat in the parking lot for 30 minutes before i realized i could go to my own home and play with the phone lol.

RosarioM

Reaction score
I own a Touch, Blackberry (for work) and had a WinMo device for about 8 months. This phone blows them all away. The killer feature on this phone that makes it way better than the iphone is the physical keyboard. I know there are other WinMo and Android phones with physical keyboards, but none as thin as an iPhone AND with a full size screen. Those two features sold me on this thing even before seeing the OS. The OS was just icing on the cake.

OP
cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
I own a Touch, Blackberry (for work) and had a WinMo device for about 8 months. This phone blows them all away. The killer feature on this phone that makes it way better than the iphone is the physical keyboard. I know there are other WinMo and Android phones with physical keyboards, but none as thin as an iPhone AND with a full size screen. Those two features sold me on this thing even before seeing the OS. The OS was just icing on the cake.

same here.. i have the 3GS and a blackberry tour.. while these other 2 devices both have strengths, i still prefer my droid..

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Love it and can't put it down. But my contract with AT&T isn't up til the end of this month so I'm lugging around two phones now. Don't want to give out my temporary number since I'm getting the number transferred anyway.

nite 0wl

Reaction score
yeah i wish there would be support for outlook with regards to contacts and
calendar..
You can just export your contacts as a CSV file, copy that file onto the root of the Droid's SD card and import them into your contacts (Contacts > Menu > import/export > Import from SD card)

darreno1

Reaction score
There isn't much to not like about this phone. It's easily the best smartphone I've ever owned.

OP
cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
yeah i wish there would be support for outlook with regards to contacts and
calendar..
You can just export your contacts as a CSV file, copy that file onto the root of the Droid's SD card and import them into your contacts (Contacts > Menu > import/export > Import from SD card)

thanks for the tip!! unfortunately i already manually updated my
google contacts. it was a very tedious process but oh well!

:D

nite 0wl

Reaction score

thanks for the tip!! unfortunately i already manually updated my
google contacts. it was a very tedious process but oh well!

:D

I only discovered that because the Verizon techs at the store couldn't figure out why my contacts from my old Treo 650 weren't showing up in the list even when the machine said they were transferred. I called them up when I got to work (about an hour later) and they had just figured the issue out themselves.

OP
cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
^ the techs at verizon transferred the contacts from my blackberry to the droid but when i set up my droid on my gmail account, it deleted most of my contacts so i manually added them...