Is the Droid too geeky?

saobi

Reaction score
Seems that most owners of the Droid is guys, and this name, droid, and their ad, a robot, all are geared towards guys, and geeky guys. Is it bad to own a droid in terms of your social reputation?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Nothing sexier than a woman carrying a Droid : )

JCo352

Reaction score
No, with respect towards geeks and nerds and what they can do with these things, I am not a nerd. The chicks like my Droid.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
LOL - Social reputation is way overrated...and besides who cares...:icon_ banana:

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Not at all... I am a contractor and when I am at someones house selling a job/installation and they ask me a question that requires a visual or more info than I have on a product I get on the web right in front of them and it usually clinches the sale of the job.
The Droid is a tool more than anything for me... I have all my pricing spreadsheets loaded in and if someone needs an estimate I can give it to them on the spot without shuffling through hard copy price lists spread all over their dining room table.
I can assemble an estimate/quote, E-mail it to them and they can print it out and we can execute a contract on the spot and I walk out with a deposit check.

If that is too geeky so be it... makes my job easier and the cash flow faster.

bizfox

Reaction score
Being cool is not caring what others think. People are attracted to those who can stand on their own. Droid or no Droid, the way you carry yourself determines how cool/uncool you are.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid is MANLY. Most of the other phones are chick phones - the IPhone, etc.

If you have a Droid just add a few inches onto your length.

If you're a woman it just makes you cooler to guys.

eliwellis

Reaction score
Getting a droid wasn't exactly the thing that put me over the edge. I have always been a little geeky.

I am a cabinetmaker by day. I suppose the paint smudges on my droid help to offset it's geek factor....not that I give a crap.

-Eli , who probably has 8 sq. ft. of screens

amyk

Reaction score
I'm a girl and I love my phone! I could care less what others think of me---but those I've showed it think it's freakin amazing!! especially once I start showing them the stuff it can do--since I've rooted it lol!

pyro6128

Reaction score
haha if you're worried about people thinking you're a geek because of your phone, your issues extend far beyond the phone. If your coolness is dependent on your phone, you were probably already a geek to begin with. In which case, you're no worse off. Its actually win-win for you.

Reaction score
I'm in 8th and all my friends are struck in awe the second i take it out. No, it isn't geeky. :)