how do you guys like your DROID?

hawkeyes

Reaction score
I love it! Compared to all the other phones (windows, BB, Etc) I have had, there is really no contest. Good apps available. I have switched to Google with my contacts (over 800) and calendar and am OK with it but would still like a sync to Outlook.

onejake

Reaction score
Wow. Just look at the votes.

Good job Google, Motorola and Verizon! You've done this right. (don't worry, we'll let you know where you can improve soon enough)

droidfanboy

Reaction score
i like my droid a lot after about a week with it i went back to some other devices and wondered if it was the best one, meaning the phone that took me off my feet like say the iphone did for people when it first came out, and i will say yes right before my first high-end nokia phone about 2 years ago that were way ahead of their times when they released. its gps system is amazing the gps holder i got for it was amazing the fast load times i have only had to take the battery out once unlike my bb which was an everyday occassion, and restart it once, and it took 30 seconds, so i will keep this for a while until it breaks down on me and wait for my next android device go GOOGLE!!!

so your back to your droid then?

oh yea i never left it i was talking about how i have had past phones that were good for a while but gassed out but this one is a very solid device.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
This is the phone I've been wanting. I can only expect it to get better. This open platform has so many opportunities and I'm really enjoying my experience with Google thus far.

rosedith

Reaction score
How about you GIRLS??? There are a few women using the MotoDroid you know?

Anyway, I love mine. It isn't the design style that I would have chosen but I wanted a powerful device and I got it. I'm quickly getting over my iPhone envy. I waited to get a smart phone until Verizon had something that looked like it could stand up to the iPhone and I took a chance that Verizon won't make a pact with Apple next year and make me wish I had waited. Now I'm so glad that I didn't wait because I don't think I would want to switch to an iPhone. The text is SO much easier to read on this (than my 2G iTouch at least). I've been playing with the camera today and find that it has settings that help a lot with the low-light grainy pix. I've had to restart 2 times because the sound quality went way down. Not sure what causes that but the restart fixed it quickly.

I keep finding new things to love. Last night I was at a meeting and did a trial video. We were in a library with free wifi so I was able to upload it to Youtube in two ticks. I've been with Google for a long time so the integration with Gmail, Picasa, Calendar and Youtube is great.

I like being able to put whatever I want on the screens. Yesterday I learned I could put a shortcut to a contact and have the photo show up as the icon. This is the sort of thing that a woman can really appreciate tho' I suppose men would like having their SO show up as a shortcut too?

I'm in the "it is great" column. It gets all 5s from me.

OP
cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
How about you GIRLS??? There are a few women using the MotoDroid you know?

Anyway, I love mine. It isn't the design style that I would have chosen but I wanted a powerful device and I got it. I'm quickly getting over my iPhone envy. I waited to get a smart phone until Verizon had something that looked like it could stand up to the iPhone and I took a chance that Verizon won't make a pact with Apple next year and make me wish I had waited. Now I'm so glad that I didn't wait because I don't think I would want to switch to an iPhone. The text is SO much easier to read on this (than my 2G iTouch at least). I've been playing with the camera today and find that it has settings that help a lot with the low-light grainy pix. I've had to restart 2 times because the sound quality went way down. Not sure what causes that but the restart fixed it quickly.

I keep finding new things to love. Last night I was at a meeting and did a trial video. We were in a library with free wifi so I was able to upload it to Youtube in two ticks. I've been with Google for a long time so the integration with Gmail, Picasa, Calendar and Youtube is great.

I like being able to put whatever I want on the screens. Yesterday I learned I could put a shortcut to a contact and have the photo show up as the icon. This is the sort of thing that a woman can really appreciate tho' I suppose men would like having their SO show up as a shortcut too?

I'm in the "it is great" column. It gets all 5s from me.

lol sorry by "guys" i meant everyone..

OP
cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
I love it! Compared to all the other phones (windows, BB, Etc) I have had, there is really no contest. Good apps available. I have switched to Google with my contacts (over 800) and calendar and am OK with it but would still like a sync to Outlook.

yeah i wish there would be support for outlook with regards to contacts and
calendar..

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I was just saying that the more one uses this devices and gets familiar with the OS and hardware the experience gets even better.

To fully appreciate the device and it's capabilities it takes about a week (if you are not familiar with Android based devices)

Best phone I have ever owned. VERY happy...

RayPaganJr

Reaction score
Not that I speak for my wife, but I see her fooling with the phone, she's added a new wallpaper, and has been asking me how to do different functions on it. To me that means she's liking it. She's doing more texting to her friends. She even sent me a picture of her best friend, a flight attendant, with Ozzie Osbourne together on a flight.

I myself love this thing. The more I get to know its functions and shortcuts, the more I like it. I wish there was an app to open the entry gate and garage door. That would be too cool.

MelWright

Reaction score
Love it

Got my droid on the 9th, and it is my first smart phone ever, but I have had no problem whatsoever! Everyone keeps complaining about the camera, and call quality, and battery life and I haven't had any of those problems! It's exactly what I hoped it would be, so glad I got the droid instead of the Storm 2!

DaHarder

Reaction score
Out of the 17 mobile phones I've owned, my DROID has (so far) been the best engineered, most capable yet.

Every day there's a new app that adds to its functionality, and once they get the (still) camera situation and BT voice commands/dialing situation sorted, it'll be perfect.