how do i protect my droid from water?

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I work outside in the rain and elements plus i am going to disney world this fall. I want to protect my droid from water damage. Is there a way to protect it? Will a case protect it? I prefer to have one that allows full functionality while also protecting it from water is this possible?
thank you in advance.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Other than golden shellback coating then no theres no way. every case will still let water in.

My friend who works near water puts his in a plastic sandwich bag or uses plastic wrap, cant remember which. Kinda ghetto but its an expensive mistake to make

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
otterbox maybe? not sure what they've got available

Murz

Reaction score
There's a couple options.

ElementCase - Sick looking tank of a case that is waterproof and allows touch screen use. If I had the need and the money for one this would be my choice. Expensive though.

ElementCASE

AquaBags - Cheaper bag-type option. Also allows touch screen use. I would prob go with this because of the price. (Theres a couple other companys that make similar bags, you may want to do a search to see if there is price/quality differences.)

Waterproof Phone and GPS cases

Last edited:
OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
which is better the element case of the aquabags?
Does anyone sell the aquabags or anything like it(like best buy,verizon)?

I see the otterbox has waterproof cases but not small enough to fit in my pocket. Would fit in my girlfriends bag though.

Last edited:

Another_Dude

Reaction score
If I think there will be an issue (canoe trip or something) I usually put my phone in a ziplok bag, then put that bag in another ziplok bag.

It limits function, but maintains dryness.

Murz

Reaction score
which is better the element case of the aquabags?
Does anyone sell the aquabags or anything like it(like best buy,verizon)?

In terms of which is better, I dont know, I havent used either. Like I said before though, the price difference would be enough for me to try out the Bags first. In terms of size the ElementCase is really big, I doubt it would fit in your pocket. But if your phone is going to constantly be in harms way everyday you may wanna consider the ElementCase.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
what is the best case to get for it for everyday use? I am going to best buy and verizon tomorrow so I'd like to know which case I should get.

lightningcases

Reaction score
A lot of our customers ask about water prevention. Honestly, unless you want to buy the expensive tank size cases, there is no other way. Unless of course you get those plastic bags which would be the least inexpensive way to go. We always recommend our customers to carry their phones in a purse or a backpack because you wont be able to really put those tank size cases in your pocket anyways.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I'm getting the aquapac but that will be only for extremely rainy days and amusement parks. I'm just wondering what to get for work and everyday use. Something that is durable and still lets the phone function. Does the aquapac allow the keyboard to slide out though?

Murz

Reaction score
For everyday use it just depends on what you are doing. I work in an office so the Innocase is perfect for me. It’s slim, looks good and gives good protection form scratches and decent protection from mild drops. If you work outdoors doing construction or something of that nature you probably want to go with something a little more rugged like the Otterbox or the Body glove cases.