How do I fully delete photos?

the1albert

Reaction score
I have found that even after deleting, the.deleteed photos won't fully delete. In some cases the preview doesn't go away but when you click on it you don't actually see the photo. So is there a way to be sure the previews delete as well?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Do you mean while you are in the Gallery, or when you are in the DCIM folder through either Windows or a File Manager application?

If you delete them in any way, they are gone...you may have thumbnails still showing, but you should be able to either reboot the phone, or Un-Mount, then Re-Mount the SD card and they will then clear...

Give it a shot and see what happens...

gorwell

Reaction score
similar problem

I've tried those. The photos no longer exist on the phone, however there are now 500+ broken image link icons in the gallery that i can only delete one at a time. Is there some way to deal with this?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe try another picture app like Quickpics. Or transfer the contents of the card to your computer, format the card, and transfer the stuff back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Or try going to settings/applications/manage applications/"all" tab scroll down to gallery and select clear data

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer