Getting market back w/o reset?

MsMills05

Reaction score
Did the damn update and immediately the market doesn't work. Then it deleted itself or something when i tried a battery pull. It's nowhere to be found. If I have to do a hard reset, is there a way to save all my photos, videos, music, texts, apps? I'm afraid of losing my apps if the market doesn't actually come back.
Or just a simple way of getting the market back without a reset?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did the damn update and immediately the market doesn't work. Then it deleted itself or something when i tried a battery pull. It's nowhere to be found. If I have to do a hard reset, is there a way to save all my photos, videos, music, texts, apps? I'm afraid of losing my apps if the market doesn't actually come back.

Which update are you talking about? An update of an app or a system update such as 2.2 OTA?

I've never heard of the Market disappearing unless someone has done some thing like a theme or ROM and something goes wrong.

And if you paid for any apps they will be there next time you get the market up and running. And any non paid apps can easily be reloaded.

Reaction score
It's very common after the update for the market to disappear actually. I've been reading about a lot of people having that problem, including my friend who just did it.

Umfortunetly the only fix I've seen is a hard reset. You could connect your phone to your computer and transfer all your pictures and stuff before you do it though.

Which update are you talking about? An update of an app or a system update such as 2.2 OTA?

I've never heard of the Market disappearing unless someone has done some thing like a theme or ROM and something goes wrong.

And if you paid for any apps they will be there next time you get the market up and running. And any non paid apps can easily be reloaded.

Sent from my DROIDX

tracylfarr

Reaction score
I can't believe someone hasn't figured out how to get it back yet without a reset...waiting....lol

From Tracy, sent from my Droid X

Reaction score
I'm with you, Tracy. I have seen postings in other places that say you can install a file called vending.apk to the phone and fix it that way, but some people seem to have problems with that. I'm afraid to do it..... Google should release a patch.

:icon_ nono2:

erict

Reaction score
I keep holding off doing the 2.2 update for all of these issues people keep having. You would think they would test these firmwares better. I will sit and wait.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited:

tracylfarr

Reaction score
Yes Google should! They will want to if they want people to continue to buy apps. They should at least post that they are aware of it and working to fix it.

Last edited:

tracylfarr

Reaction score
I keep holding off doing the 2.2 update for all of these issues people keep having. You would think they would test these firmwares better. I will sit and wait.

Wish I would have....lol.

brucem9999

Reaction score
Market disappeared after 2.2 install + other issues

For what it's worth, I had the same problem: market ceased to work after the 2.2 install. I think I'll just wait for a while and see if "better" answer appears before doing a hard reset.

Also, The auto-rotate of the screen seems to take a LOT longer now. Very frustrating having to wait, tilt it back a forth a dozen times or so before to goes to landscape or back to portrait.

My Media volume also seems to seset itself back to 50% or so without my "assistance".

erict

Reaction score

Wish I would have....lol.

Too bad they don't have a recovery mode like windows to go back to a previous date. I have only had the DroidX for two weeks and love it but they need to launch stable firmware updates. I knew all about this before buying mine so it's no surprise to me and know they will get it right but wish they would speed it up a bit for all of us.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Technically they do. You need to root and bootstrap though. Not that it will help on the ota all that much though....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

yomomma7826

Reaction score
Yes Google should! They will want to if they want people to continue to buy apps. They should at least post that they are aware of it and working to fix it.

Tracy, the worst part is, it's not google's job. Lol. It's Motorola's job. Because what happens is google throws out a fully working firmware, then the phone company's change it to work on their phones. So we have to wait for the ****ty Motorola to patch it. And we all know they aren't the most reliable either.