How do I create a folder on my sdcard in adb?

iMpathetic

Reaction score
NANDROID RESTORE NOT WORKING, error code 20, PLEASE HELP!!!

edit: scroll down to the last few posts, that's what's happening. Pulling my hair out here....

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not use ADB. What is preventing your computer from accessing your Droid?
Typically, once your phone is mounted your computer should recognize your phone.
Mike

OP
iMpathetic

iMpathetic

Reaction score
I do not use ADB. What is preventing your computer from accessing your Droid?
Typically, once your phone is mounted your computer should recognize your phone.
Mike
The farthest I can get is sprecovery-- I had to wipe because I f###ed up a theme.

OP
iMpathetic

iMpathetic

Reaction score
What did you wipe your SD card or memory?
Ehhhh.... I wiped data and cache and did a reset. The farthest I can get during boot is to the little eye, or I can get into recovery.

This is literally THE ONLY THING I NEED TO KNOW, then I can create the folder and be ready to go.

RoLa

Reaction score
you can mount your sd card through SPrecovery...
mount options
usb mass storage....that should do it..

OP
iMpathetic

iMpathetic

Reaction score
you can mount your sd card through SPrecovery...
mount options
usb mass storage....that should do it..
I do that and it says Removable disc but when I click on it it says "please insert a disc." Running XP 32 bit.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Give me a minute out two...i know adb will allow to create directories...gonna be a decent string of code, but we'll figure it out.

Have you previously installed roms via nandroid? Because you should still have the folder if you have. And if you still have the folder, ask you'll need to do is push the files...I'll go break my laptop out.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You do have drivers for the phone installed right?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Agreed. That's important too...

Also, how long did you let your phone sit when you got to the eye? Sometimes it just takes longer.

However...I'm not exactly sure what SPrecovery's factory reset does...If it tries to reset your phone exactly to how it is out of the box, minus flashing the stock recovery and losing root, that's probably your problem.

(There's a good lesson here for others...You should ALWAYS create a nandroid backup of you setup before trying to theme. Then it's just a matter of restoring if things don't go according to plan)

I'd still like to know if you have previously installed any other nandroid backups or installed a rom using nandroid, as that would mean that the folder already exists.

I think that rootyourdroid.info has some commands that can tell you how to create a new directory, but their bandwidth had been exceeded when I tried to get on there to find it, and googling "adb command create directory" didn't turn up what we're looking for...

nphil

Reaction score
in shell,
mkdir /sdcard/yourfoldernamehere

if you want more unix commands, just search "unix commands" on google.

Last edited:
OP
iMpathetic

iMpathetic

Reaction score
How do I create permission to let me do that? Thank so much everyone!

OP
iMpathetic

iMpathetic

Reaction score
I do.
Agreed. That's important too...

Also, how long did you let your phone sit when you got to the eye? Sometimes it just takes longer.

However...I'm not exactly sure what SPrecovery's factory reset does...If it tries to reset your phone exactly to how it is out of the box, minus flashing the stock recovery and losing root, that's probably your problem.

(There's a good lesson here for others...You should ALWAYS create a nandroid backup of you setup before trying to theme. Then it's just a matter of restoring if things don't go according to plan)

I'd still like to know if you have previously installed any other nandroid backups or installed a rom using nandroid, as that would mean that the folder already exists.

I think that rootyourdroid.info has some commands that can tell you how to create a new directory, but their bandwidth had been exceeded when I tried to get on there to find it, and googling "adb command create directory" didn't turn up what we're looking for...
I let it sit for quite a while, blank screen with the charging light on. I have not done a single nandroid-related thing before, plus I wiped my sdcard. Don't know why I did that, but I figured I might as well wipe everything while I'm at it.

So now I'm going to try this....

Okay, it seems to have created the directory. I pushed the folder of the nandroid backup to sdcard/nandroid and the restore failed. Here's what it said:

Mounted /sdcard
This should do a default nandroid restore
Attempting default nandroid restore

ERROR: Nandroid exited with status 20
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount SDCARD:/nandroid

Is there something I forgot to do?

OP
iMpathetic

iMpathetic

Reaction score
So.... I tried to do mkdir /sdcard/nandroid but Nandroid exited with error 20 when I tried to restore. Any idea what that means?