how do i get my contacts off my xv6800 to droid?

4x4tx

Reaction score
The store said they couldnt do it and I have been pulling my hair out for the past two days.....I thought I was just going to copy the contacts file to my SD card in my xv and then insert it into the droid to copy over but it wont let me copy the file...and when i hook up my xv6800 to the computer the computer doesnt recognize that anything is hooked up...It is running wm 6.1...i downloaded bitpm but no dice there either! help

OP

4x4tx

Reaction score
how do i save the file on my xv6800 as a csv file?

coondogg97

Reaction score
You can always reactivate the xv6800 and then download Google Sync on your phone. Then sync to your Google account with the xv6800. Reactivate your Droid and resync and you should be good.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
how do i save the file on my xv6800 as a csv file?

Not familiar with that phone but on my ancient Razr I plugged it into my PC via UPS and used Moto Contacts tool to save the contacts to the .csv file.

Did you take it to a Verizon store? I would be amazed if they couldn't do it for you.

OP

4x4tx

Reaction score
Yes the store said "it wouldnt work" ... surely there is way to copy the files to a sd card to transfer over

OP

4x4tx

Reaction score
i think coon has a good idea...now if i could only get my computer to recognize my xv6800 when it is hooked up via usb? What would make it not be recoginzing it? What program do i need?

coondogg97

Reaction score
You can download Google Sync directly from your phone, no need to connect it to a computer.

This should tell you everything you need to know about Google Sync:

Google Sync on your mobile phone

You would need ActiveSync to sync your phone to your computer via USB:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/activesync-download.mspx

If you have Microsoft Outlook installed on your PC you can sync your phone (via ActiveSync) to Outlook and all your contacts will carry over. You can then export a .csv file from Outlook of all your contacts. Then you can take that .csv file and import it into you Google account.

I have used both methods and they work fine. Google Sync is an easier option because ActiveSync can be flaky at times (glad to finally get away from it!)