How do I check for root???

Kstyle723

Reaction score
Ok, so I finally decided to root my phone. I followed the directions and it said something like "congradulations your phone is rooted" and then my phone restarted itself. I used this thread/tool to do it.

[TOOL][ROOT/UnROOT][Razr] EternityProject EasyRootICS v1.5 [Win/Linux] - xda-developers

Then I watched a vid on how to get hotspot running using sqlite editior, but when I click on the setting files it says nothing is there. I dont think I'm rooted. Can anyone tell me a quick way to check if I have root access? And possibly why my PC said my phone was rooted, when indeed it is not?

Thanks in advance :)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Download an APP that requires root such as Titanium Backup and try to load it, also you could just check the APP drawer for the SuperUser APP.

OP
Kstyle723

Kstyle723

Reaction score
Download an APP that requires root such as Titanium Backup and try to load it, also you could just check the APP drawer for the SuperUser APP.

I have superuser... I open it and it says "no apps in list". what do i do? How do I check it? (again, thanks for the help)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
There are no apps listed because you don't have any installed that are currently utilizing the super user access. What was your reason for rooting? If it was an app that required root download and install it and it should work.

OP
Kstyle723

Kstyle723

Reaction score
There are no apps listed because you don't have any installed that are currently utilizing the super user access. What was your reason for rooting? If it was an app that required root download and install it and it should work.

I wanted to re-do my hotspot. I rooted and had it working before ICS, but ever since the update its been gone :( I miss it! lol. I tried to us SQ light editior to go into the settings like on this video: [video=youtube;mFSCQX8co6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFSCQX8co6U[/video] But again, there arent any files.