How close are we?

joker402

Reaction score
Now that CM7 is around the corner, how close are we to aspo/sense roms? I ask because there are some things about sense and some things about aspo. Do you think roms like this are close? I might be coming from the X and apex has me spoiled.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Trust me, no roms for the x have you spoiled...roms made for phones with encrypted bootloaders (like the x) are little more than glorified themes. They are based on factory ota updated. Aosp roms (like cm) on the other hand are compiled from Google's source code, not any specific manufacturer and therefore can be far more highly customized and optomized. The thing that his holding up aosp builds for the tbolt at this point is the RIL support which essentially means that they can build a ROM from source for the tbolt but things such as mobile data are not working at this point. Once the devs figure that out, there will be aosp roms abound, cm included. And mark my words, those roms will blow anything available for the x absolutely out of the water...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

pandabear

Reaction score
This whole RIL support issue, has it come in the past for other phones or is this a thunderbolt exclusive problem?
Just wondering if this is a small issue to be resolved or if it's more on the scale of the D2/DX bootloader issue?

OP
joker402

joker402

Reaction score
Im guessing the current RIL issue is due to LTE involvment. This is the first LTE so there is a bump in the road.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Yes, the current RIL issue has to do with the LTE support. It has been an issue in the past with other phones though. RIL was a huge issue with the og droid between the 2.1 and 2.2 update and I believe in the aosp gb roms at first as well. It's been resolved in the past and I'm sure it will be again. LTE is a new beast the devs have to learn how to tackle.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums