how can i reprogram my d2g to sprints network?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by hydrogen_atoms, Oct 26, 2011.

1. hydrogen_atoms

hydrogen_atoms New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this is i guess a tech question more than anything. i am now on the sprint network, does anyone know how i can reprogram my droid to their network? they gave me this ****ty samsung replenish, which i have to say is a ****ty as cheapo to my droid. any suggestions would be greatly appretiated

2. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Senior Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Ratings:
    +17
    Current Phone Model:
    S4
    You can't. Different radio and frequency. Sprint is a completely different network. You can flash the phone to a provider that uses Verizons network like cricket if they are available in your area.

This post is Incredible 2!

3. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    ^^Sprint doesn't have a completely different network? Maybe different frequency but their both CDMA, but yeah he's right you can't flash Verizon phones to sprint.

4. garrett

garrett Silver Member
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +5

they didn't force you to take the Samsung replenish you chose to buy that phone for whatever reason. Sprint has several high end android phones that blow the samsung replenish out of the water. Return it and get something like HTC EVO 4g, Samsung Galaxy 2 EPIC, HTC EVO 3D,.... just to name a few.

5. STVA

STVA Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Verizon and Sprint use exactly the same technology for everything except for 4G (LTE or WiMax). The only reason you can't use the phones on each other's network is that they both refuse to activate phones with a serial number (ESN) that was sold for the other network.

Search tags for this page

can i use my droid incredible verizon on sprints network