How can I remove -VERIZON LOCATION AGENT- completely out of my HTC Rezound ?

go2shh

Reaction score
My phone seems to be full of such crap! I went to home screen - settings - applications - manage applications - all applications - VERIZON LOCATION AGENT - and I cannot remove it why ? Or how ? Also how can I remove

Amazon Kindle.
Blockbuster.
Bookmark Widget.
Hot Pursuit - game.
Lets Golf 2.
Magic Smoke Wallpapers.
NewBayService.
NFL Mobile.

Thanks - is a cleaner phone faster ?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
My phone seems to be full of such crap! I went to home screen - settings - applications - manage applications - all applications - VERIZON LOCATION AGENT - and I cannot remove it why ? Or how ? Also how can I remove

Amazon Kindle.
Blockbuster.
Bookmark Widget.
Hot Pursuit - game.
Lets Golf 2.
Magic Smoke Wallpapers.
NewBayService.
NFL Mobile.

Thanks - is a cleaner phone faster ?

Unlock your phone
Install root/superuser
Remove bloatware
???
profit

Snoking

Reaction score
What part of this does Verizon not understand. Do they get paid to add crapware? Chris

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

boddah

Reaction score
What part of this does Verizon not understand. Do they get paid to add crapware? Chris

From what I've read, yes, they Do in fact get paid to put that crap on our phones.

I use Root Explorer to find the APKs I don't want, and add a .bak extension to the file, that way it's still there in case I need it, but that disables it and makes it disappear from the app drawer

BOBD1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
Just maybe..That is why a $549.99 device sells for 49.99.
The crap is a subsidy.Like it or not.
:mad:

nmos

Reaction score
Is there a guide to which of these things are safe to freeze and which actually serve a purpose?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
If I just unlock my phone can I delete the "crapware" without rooting the phone?

And when and if we get ICS update, will a unlocked phone hurt the upgrade?

boddah: You have to be rooted in order to use root explorer correct?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If I just unlock my phone can I delete the "crapware" without rooting the phone?

And when and if we get ICS update, will a unlocked phone hurt the upgrade?

boddah: You have to be rooted in order to use root explorer correct?

The only way around rooting would be to unlock and then craft an update that removes all of the bloatware. Which actually isn't that hard but more trouble than it's worth. You will have to relock to take the OTA but that would be it. To answer your question about root explorer, yes you need root privilege to use it.

The main problem here is that these apps are stored on the system partition which is locked unless have root privileges(rooted).

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
The only way around rooting would be to unlock and then craft an update that removes all of the bloatware. Which actually isn't that hard but more trouble than it's worth. You will have to relock to take the OTA but that would be it. To answer your question about root explorer, yes you need root privilege to use it.

The main problem here is that these apps are stored on the system partition which is locked unless have root privileges(rooted).

Thank You, guess im just going to have to deal with it for now. Hopefully ICS comes soon. ::holds breath:: :angry:

pbickel

Reaction score
For location agent on mine all I did was open the app and it said it wasn't compatible with my phone and let me completely uninstall it.