Apps That Are Safe To Delete

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Apps That Are Safe To Delete 2.3.3

This Is What I've Removed Using Titanium Backup. Alot.

I SBFed And Started All Over Just To Provide This List.

Gingerbread 2.3.3

DO NOT DELETE ACCOUNTS OR BACKUP ASSISTANT YOU WILL BOOTLOOP WHEN FLASHING UPDATE OR FACTORY RESET

Mine Did Not Bootloop Can't Say It Won't Happen To You.

Code:
Amazon Kindle
Amazon MP3
Apps
Blockbuster
Books
Car Dock
City ID
Desk Home
DLNA *Will Force Close. Battery Pull. Reboot.
DLNASystemService
Email
Email Authenticator
Facebook Authenticator *I Didn't Remove Because I Use Facebook
Flickr Autheticator
FM Radio
FM Radio Service
Help Center
IM
IM Presence
LastFM Authenticator
Lets Golf
LinkedIn Authenticator
Magic Smoke Wallpapers
Motorola Dock Service
Music *I Use 3rd Party App
Music Visualation Wallpapers
My Verizon Mobile *Will Force Close. Battery Pull. Reboot.
Myspace Authenticator
News & Weather
News
NFL Mobile
NFS Shift
Online Album
Orkut Authenticator
Photobucket Authenticator
Picasa Authenticator
Quick Contact
Quickoffice
Rich Location
Skype Mobile
Skyrock Authenticator
Slacker
Social Messaging
Social Networking
Social Sharing
Social Status
Sticky Note
Street View
Swype
Sync Service
Talk
Task Manager *Will Force Close. Battery Pull. Reboot.
Tasks
Text Messaging *I Use 3rd Party App
Toggle Widgets
TTS Service *Turn By Turn Service - Navigation For Google Maps
Twitter Authenticator
Universal Inbox
VCast Music
VCast Videos
Voice Commands *Will Force Close. Battery Pull. Reboot.
Voice Search
Voicemail
VZ Navigator
VZW Package Installer
Weather
Work Contacts
World Clock
Youtube Authenticator

riot

Reaction score
awesome, just what I was looking for. thnx Mike

riot

Reaction score
oops, too late. I didnt delete accounts but did delete backup assistant. How do I go about restoring or is that not an option? I tried to restore with titanium but it pops up with restoring app and just sits there and never completes.

Welcome. And OP Is Updated Do NOT Delete Accounts Or Backup Assistant. Supposedly Will Cause A Bootloop When Flash An Update Or Factory Reset.

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
oops, too late. I didnt delete accounts but did delete backup assistant. How do I go about restoring or is that not an option? I tried to restore with titanium but it pops up with restoring app and just sits there and never completes.

Welcome. And OP Is Updated Do NOT Delete Accounts Or Backup Assistant. Supposedly Will Cause A Bootloop When Flash An Update Or Factory Reset.

Go Inside The Zip That You Flashed And Extract The Apk's And Odex's.

rottenpixies

Reaction score
Great list man! I have my X2 on Gingerbread, rooted, and bloat free... its screaming fast!! Loving P3Droid and the android community so much right now!

I have been searching everywhere for a post I saw on replacing stock system apks with CM7 apks? Can anyone shed some light on that for me? I've already removed some of the stock system apps, now I am trying to find the right way to put the CM7 apks in.

Thanks!!
Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Great list man! I have my X2 on Gingerbread, rooted, and bloat free... its screaming fast!! Loving P3Droid and the android community so much right now!

I have been searching everywhere for a post I saw on replacing stock system apks with CM7 apks? Can anyone shed some light on that for me? I've already removed some of the stock system apps, now I am trying to find the right way to put the CM7 apks in.

Thanks!!

Just Take The Apk's And Place Them In /system/app And Change The Permissions To The Picture Below.

Attachments

• Permissions.jpg
    Permissions.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 696

rottenpixies

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I did as you said but when I launch the browser I get force close. I think my problem is the stock apks was something like "blurbrowser.apk" the CM7 is "browser.apks" . Should I figure out the exact name of the stock apks and rename the cm7 to that as well? I am using dolphin browser now anyways but I would like to start replacing other apks once I know I have it right.

jschvantz

Reaction score
I can't seem to get the apps to reinstall, I have attempted placing in /system/app, then changing permission, then running the apk which fails to install. what am i missing?

thanks

darkspaceboy

Reaction score
thank you so much, boots so fast now and has 154M free of memory phones a power house now

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I did as you said but when I launch the browser I get force close. I think my problem is the stock apks was something like "blurbrowser.apk" the CM7 is "browser.apks" . Should I figure out the exact name of the stock apks and rename the cm7 to that as well? I am using dolphin browser now anyways but I would like to start replacing other apks once I know I have it right.

I'm Not Exactly Sure How To Get CM7 Apks To Work With The Gingerbread. I'm Using CM6's Mms.apk For The Droid 1 And It Works Perfectly Fine. May Wanna Ask A Developer How To Get It To Work Right. You Can Ask CJ Or Haiasi They Might Wanna Help You Figure It Out.