hotspot

bigddyz

Reaction score
I just noticed I can use my hotspot threw the version app on my Sg3 . Called to make sure I wasn't being charged was told no. Was told if I have it enjoy it. Just wondering does anyone else have it?

Not sent from a IPhone :)

kimsj756

Reaction score
I used mine too. Since Verizon no longer offer unlimited data, if you use a share plan, you can use it now up to whatever limit your plan has.

OP
B

bigddyz

Reaction score
Oh Ya I sidnt mention I have a unlimited data plan

kimsj756

Reaction score
Ha, then I dont Know. Haha

Sent from my Verizon Samsung GS3

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Yes someone previously mentioned but it is included in all the new plans. If you're on an unlimited data plan they will try to charge for tethering.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

bigddyz

Reaction score
Well I am going to enjoy it till I see a bill for it so far so good

dhaynes

Reaction score
Is there any apps that bypass VZW bs on none rooted

KaChow

Reaction score
Phone came with jb on it

VZW HotSpot on devices with JB only works with Root through the Entitlement_Hack, I have a nice write up the Development section.

Try this instead, if you want HotSpot that works pefectly do this. Your phone has JB, click on this link "Easy Root Komplete" follow the steps in the directions from 1-5 only this will (if you want to gain root, go further), first of all downgrade you from Jelly Bean to Ice Cream Sandwich and 2nd of all allow you full access to Verizon HotSpot (there is no need to pay for a Third-party app that has spotty service.) In addition would normally recommend to others, Motorola has an "Updater Service", this service works when an upgrade is available which if you downgrade to ICS, Motorola uses the Updater to send out pop-ups reminding you to upgrade to the latest update. To get around this, go into Settings> Apps> ALL> looking for 2 apps, 1) Motorola Services and 2) Updater; click on each one of these apps and disable them. This way you can HotSpot that works perfectly and not get any annoying "Update reminders."

jaseman

Reaction score
If my understanding is correct, the only reason to do this hack while on JB is if you still have the unlimited data plan wherein you "must" pay for the ability to do the tether...is this not correct?? If you are on one of the tiered plans this ability is already provided for you free of charge BUT it will go against the amount of data you are paying for. I see a great deal of chatter on this subject and think the hack only applies to those who are still on the unlimited plan...correct??

KaChow

Reaction score
If my understanding is correct, the only reason to do this hack while on JB is if you still have the unlimited data plan wherein you "must" pay for the ability to do the tether...is this not correct?? If you are on one of the tiered plans this ability is already provided for you free of charge BUT it will go against the amount of data you are paying for. I see a great deal of chatter on this subject and think the hack only applies to those who are still on the unlimited plan...correct??

The hack applies to anyone, and just to set the record straight. On ICS the HotSpot app is active by DEFAULT in which case, if you have an XT926 device that has ICS that is either non-rooted or rooted> doesn't matter you can use the Verizon Wireless HotSpot. With JB certain changes were made, in which the ONLY way to get the Verizon Wireless HotSpot (without paying for it from Veriozn) was through the Entitlement_Hack, which is simply done through "rooted" (SuperUser enabled) devices, more popularly through the app SQLite in the Settings> there by changing the default <BLOCKING Code> of "1" to change it to "0". I tend to look at this as a Firewall that Verizon put up, 1 is to block the ability and 0 is to go right through it. I cannot comment on how the plans are being charged whether it is Unlimited or GB data plans, and truthfully that is not my concern. When a problem or a control presents itself, I want to find a way through the problem, and this is how.