S3 Hotspot

Picasso71

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been using SVTP hotspot for some time, since before Verizon was forced to allow us to use them for free. Heres my question:
When I start up SVTP and turn on the hotspot, it seems the default hotspot on my S3 takes over the SVTP app (the red icon with the tower shows up in my notfication bar) and then my SVTP APP stops functioning. The hotspot continues to work and function, but to turn it off or anything i have to use the default app. This only started happening after verizon was forced to allow hotspots for free and an update came out. Has anyone else notcied this happening? Anyone got any good leads ona solid app that works properly and ideally is free? I payed the $10 dollars for the app way back when and Id care not to have to pay again since its suppose to be free anyway. I appreciate any help and comments. Thanks

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I use 'PDANet+FoxFi' on my Galaxy S3 on the Verizon network. Works great for me and my phone is NOT rooted.

OP
P

Picasso71

Reaction score
I use 'PDANet+FoxFi' on my Galaxy S3 on the Verizon network. Works great for me and my phone is NOT rooted.

I tried that before I bought SVTP, and couldn't get it to work. Has there been an update or is there a good guide somewhere?

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
My version of PDANet+FoxFi is 4.01.3
I first had FoxFi paid version and it did an update to PDANet+FoxFi
So far I connect any time I want to with any device I have for as long as 2-3 hours straight. I connect to my Ipad4, Nexus 7, Samsung Tab 2 7.0 as well as my UX31 from Asus and my R935 from Toshiba. The PDANet+FoxFi web site indicates not to upgrade to Android 4.1.1 as the application does not work with the Galaxy S3 on Verizon after upgrading. I have done the Android 4.1.1 upgrade to my unit and my unit does work just fine with no issues with the tethering process with all of my devices for any length of time I want to stay connected.