Honeycomb 3.0 on OG Droid?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google has officially announced Honeycomb will not be available for smartphones only some Honeycomb features - looks like I was wrong...not to say a crafty developer won't port it in it's entirety - just another reason to hold on to my Droid forever

GB D1

tikicoder

Reaction score
why would anyone presume it wouldn't come out for phones

Honeycomb Ported to HTC Wildfire, Magic, and G1 | Android Community

it was ported to the G1.
Android 2.x (Ice Cream) to be Honeycomb for smartphones | Android Community

Remember this is the linux world, Where its always a question of when something will be done not if. People will do it just to be able to say they did it.

"During his keynote address, Google’s outgoing CEO Eric Schmidt clarified speculation that’s been buzzing around MWC about the next Android OS for mobile. Schmidt said that for this unnamed future OS (which he says starts with an “I” and is a dessert [Ice Cream or Ice Cream Sandwich, obviously],) Google is going to apply some of the lessons and features learned in writing Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) for tablets. The future will still contain two separate versions of OS, that being a tablet track and a smartphone track, but they’ll be much more compatible upon the release of whichever version is next for mobile.

Scmidt also went on to say that current Android updates are on a six month cycle (Gingerbread was released last December with the Google Nexus S but hasn’t really populated to nearly the % of users on Froyo.) Keeping with the six month cycle, the next version of Android for mobile (be it 2.5, 2.6, or so on) may get leapfrogged and a new update released in April instead."

But lets face it smartphones are almost on the way to replace tablets, has anyone seen the Motorola webtop where you can take the atrix and put it in a laptop style dock and use that. the special doc is like 400 bucks but still cheaper than a tablet. Or what about the 3d holographic projectors that IBM says should be out for phones within 5 years. If you look at some of the technology in the works all I can say is WOW I could think of a few ways to combine it that would rock some socks.

Last edited:

skruid

Reaction score
some one has already port a version to the og droid, it is quite buggy but it is a work in progress