Honeycomb 3.0 on OG Droid?

jessegio34

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Well we have honeycomb 3.0 on origional Droid? Or will there be customs ROMS with honeycomb?

Sent from my Droid

darkmatter

Reaction score
I'm not sure i'd even want honeycomb, or even if its possible. Its made for tablets, not phones.

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk

aDroidman

Reaction score
It would be super hard to make it into a rom for the droid. Its made for bigger screens apps react differently to it. It is built from the ground up for tablets and thays what we would have to do for the phones..... there will be a theme for it im guessing

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I say yes - already the Honeycomb Music player has been ported...of course it didn't have the home music to device live stream option functioning - but my guess is we will see more H/C :)

Last edited:

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I doubt it.. HC has driver for tablet hardware.. wont make much sense on a phone

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt it.. HC has driver for tablet hardware.. wont make much sense on a phone

It won't be tablet only forever - Honeycomb is optimized for dual core - expect it to be on dual core handsets eventually...of course it wont be the tablet version, it will be rewritten for phones -

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

It won't be tablet only forever - Honeycomb is optimized for dual core - expect it to be on dual core handsets eventually...of course it wont be the tablet version, it will be rewritten for phones -

this is as I understand it as well... we'll see it eventually :)

kenbiz

Reaction score
None of of the phones out now will get it.. still waiting for gingerbread..

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
None of of the phones out now will get it.. still waiting for gingerbread..

regardless if anything out now gets it or not, this statement is what should be the focus... we still need GB before we worry about Honeycomb :)

datsyuk

Reaction score
If Honeycomb is for tablets everyone is saying I just don't get it... does that mean Android on phones is almost 'discontinued'? Not literally but it seems like the support for it has really dropped in priority.

shmoo

Reaction score
It hasn't dropped in priority. I think what it is is that with all of the new phones coming out with all of the different UI's (sense, blur....blah, blah, blah) it becomes hard to push out the newer versions of the OS.

datsyuk

Reaction score
It hasn't dropped in priority. I think what it is is that with all of the new phones coming out with all of the different UI's (sense, blur....blah, blah, blah) it becomes hard to push out the newer versions of the OS.

I can understand that I guess. I'm a huge fan of HTC Sense so that doesn't bother me a whole lot. However I hate blur on the other hand lol.

kenbiz

Reaction score
If Honeycomb is for tablets everyone is saying I just don't get it... does that mean Android on phones is almost 'discontinued'? Not literally but it seems like the support for it has really dropped in priority.

All the support is going to LTE phones.. all of us with our "old school" droids are a thing of the past now.

datsyuk

Reaction score

All the support is going to LTE phones.. all of us with our "old school" droids are a thing of the past now.

Lol well I didn't even mean OG Droid, just meant all the smart phones in general.

royolpunk

Reaction score
Yeah I would at least maybe wait for ice cream to come out. And og droid will be the only phone to truly be able to do anything,that is, until verizon releases another stock android device,perhaps the droid 3? :p