Hmm

kratos

Reaction score

foggyriver

Reaction score
software update

I have the Dinc2, the last software update i see just says settings>software update>

Just checked and there is a new update available, but it doesn't show the version.. {{ i currently have version 2.3.3 }} Just found under "About Phone"...

Size:32.388 MB
Data Charges May Apply

Description:
This software update includes
enhancements and improvements to
your HTC Incredible 2.

<Ok> <Defer> <Reject>

I'm leary of doing an update of the software, after reading the threads.. My phone "seems" to be working fine and i don't want to have to reset it and start over.. :icon_eek:

Any advice?

Last edited:

kratos

Reaction score
I have the Dinc2, the last software update i see just says settings>software update>

Just checked and there is a new update available, but it doesn't show the version.. {{ i currently have version 2.3.3 }} Just found under "About Phone"...

Size:32.388 MB
Data Charges May Apply

Description:
This software update includes
enhancements and improvements to
your HTC Incredible 2.

<Ok> <Defer> <Reject>

I'm leary of doing an update of the software, after reading the threads.. My phone "seems" to be working fine and i don't want to have to reset it and start over.. :icon_eek:

Any advice?

That is the 2.3.4 update. From what I know, no one has had any problems with this update, aside from the download failed error. I would day it is safe to update.

Also, this update fixes reception issues, security issues, and more. Most of the fixes are not noticeable, but much needed.

I went from ~-90dbm to ~-70dbm reception (signal) with this update! That is a huge difference and is much needed...

Personally, I say just do it. The worst that could happen is you need to factory reset, and even then that is not a huge deal.

Kratos

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

foggyriver

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response.. update is downloading now.. hope i don't live to regret this, but there are worse things in the world than a factory reset!!