Hmm. Questions/dev

Mike253

Reaction score
If I were to get safestrap on the x2 (From the Droid 3/4 Razr/M/HD line)

Would you guys use it?

I might be moving over to the X2 again from my Droid 4.

I'm sure it'll help dragonzkiller especially if I could get kexec working on the phone.. fairly similar to how hashcode and dhacker have it done on the droid lineup.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
A couple of problems here and please don't get me wrong. I had the x2 for a long time and loved it.

The X2 has very few roms and basically no developers anymore. That being said, the bootstrapper made for it works fine.

Kexec is another beast. Countless hours have been spent trying to figure it out and it all leads to a dead end. Needing things that just can't be acquired or not possible on the device.

Best of luck though and I mean it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
M

Mike253

Reaction score
PMy main deal was that im gonna be switching to it from my Droid 4.. (long story short, screens cracked, keyboard hinge is busted.. :( )

I've built several roms (nexus s mind you.. mostly cherry picks) and have tried doing BAKED Bean but it didnt boot sadly and i didnt have no way of debugging.

I wonder how the hell Hashcode got as far as he did with OMAP4 devices though.
If he's gotten kexec to work.. then maybe i could at least try.

I have plenty of time on my hands recently and work wont be picking up for another month or so.
Which is a good thing that my phone didnt bust as i needed it.. that wouldve sucked really bad seeing as how the D4 was my main "workhorse" that i used almost like a laptop replacement.

But mostly im going to do some research to see if its possible, take a look at some of the libraries and such for Tegra 2 and maybe even collaborate with Dragonzkiller to pick up the slack.

Thats probably going to be key in even thinking about it.. collaboration and a crap load of research.

And pretty much my contract doesnt end until 12/23/2013 for me on verizon and ill be moving to T-Mobile since the pricing is outrageous on VZW.

And isnt that phone you have the one with the recent bootloader unlock?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Well if you have the time then go for it lol. I'd personally love to see some work done for the X2. Even if its not kexec, just a new ROM. If you ever need a anything I can dust my old x2 off and give it a go.

Yea the HD just got unlocked but I had bought the developer edition (unlockable bootloader from the get go.)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
M

Mike253

Reaction score
I probably will give it a go, I just gotta shuffle things around on my desktop, and install Ubuntu next too Windows (again) and pull out one of the scripts I have to set up development environments and I should be good to go.

I'd appreciate that man.

Lucky lol, too bad OMAP devices didn't get unlocked, that wouldve been amazing.