[ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 X2 [BETA]

32BitWhore

Reaction score
Update is amazing. It's like a brand new phone. +1 for all the hard work that went into this. :hail:

Reaction score
Alright so I'm having trouble going through the whole process of getting this. I can't seem to find/figure out a way to do a backup of the phone. If someone could provide me with a guide or exact directions as to all the steps I would really appreciate it

Reaction score
The very first post in this thread IS the instructions on how to apply CM7. What is the current state of your phone? Stock? Rooted? What step are you having problems with? If you are not rooted then Steps 3 and 4 in that first post outline how to root and then perform a nandroid backup. Note that once you have rooted and backed up the phone you have only completed step 1. Steps 2,3, and 4 still must be done again after you SBF the phone.

Reaction score
If you are speaking of a nandroid backup then yes. You can't do a nandroid backup on a non rooted phone. You have to install software to root the phone and then install the new recovery program which requires root to be installed or run. The steps assume that you are already rooted.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does this ROM have the wifi disconnect problem when the phone is unused for a period of time?

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Redflea said:
Does this ROM have the wifi disconnect problem when the phone is unused for a period of time?

It seems hit or miss. I'm having the problem, but there are many others who are not. Check xda developers... I think moonshadow has a lengthy fix for it, but I don't have that kind of time or energy.

Droid X2 CM7

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Okay... this was weird... referring to the WiFi issue. When I installed RC1, I updated superuser binaries and it updated no problem. My WIFI problem persisted. However, yesterday, I'm messing with my phone and decide to update binaries in superuser again. It failed. I then went to the market (sorry, Play Store) to look for a newer version of superuser. But I found this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noshufou.android.su.fixer ... installed it and after 3 tries, it successfully updated.

Since then, I turned on WiFi and it's been working ever since. Oh, one more thing... after I updated binaries, I changed the WiFi setting back to 'sleep when screen turns off' hard reboot then reset WiFi to back to 'never' and another hard boot. It's only been 12 hours, but that's 11 hours and 15 minutes longer than it has ever lasted. Good luck!

Droid X2 CM7

amg3467

Reaction score
so i haven't taken a picture in the dark in a while, my flash apparently doesn't work. It is set to auto and actually won't let me change this setting. Any ideas? The flashlight app works though.

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
amg3467 said:
so i haven't taken a picture in the dark in a while, my flash apparently doesn't work. It is set to auto and actually won't let me change this setting. Any ideas? The flashlight app works though.

It's been like that on mine as well... though when I was on RC1, I was somehow able to get it to show all options... but I don't remember how. :-(

Droid X2 CM7