hin Browser installed twice on my Droid?

mikespe

Reaction score
dolphin Browser installed twice on my Droid?

I just realized Dolphin Browser is installed twice on my Droid? After thinking about it I remember there being a pop up or something saying Dolphin wont be in the market anymore or something like that....Would it be safe to uninstall one of them?

Thanks

Last edited:

mad3963

Reaction score
I just realized Dolphin Browser is installed twice on my Droid? After thinking about it I remember there being a pop up or something saying Dolphin wont be in the market anymore or something like that....Would it be safe to uninstall one of them?

Thanks

Still in the Market. I just checked. As for having it installed twice, not sure what to tell you. My suggestion would be to uninstall both and reinstall.

Guchi

Reaction score
dolphin is going to be gone??? i had high hopes for that browser.

OP
M

mikespe

Reaction score
dolphin is going to be gone??? i had high hopes for that browser.

Just so rumors don't start flying I NEVER said that Dolphin WILL be gone from the market! I only remember a popup one day when an update was shown. I don't remember EXACTLT what it said...hence the addition "or something like that..."

I uninstalled the older version and it seems fine right now...We'll see what happens..

mad3963

Reaction score
I do not see anything on the developer's website regarding Dolphin going away, nor have I seen any kind of notice to that effect when installing/upgrading the app. Could this be the malware I have seen talk of?

Guchi

Reaction score
I do not see anything on the developer's website regarding Dolphin going away, nor have I seen any kind of notice to that effect when installing/upgrading the app. Could this be the malware I have seen talk of?

just what we all need.... OP do you install apps from outside the market?

OP
M

mikespe

Reaction score

just what we all need.... OP do you install apps from outside the market?

No I don't install from outside the market...I'm too afraid too. I just checked for updates and Dolphin has an update today. I installed it and all is working fine. To explain the pop up it looked like the one's you get that show the change log. I didn't think much of it then but when I saw the dual shortcuts to Dolphin I remembered the popup. I pissed that I can't remember what it said exactly...:icon_evil: