Hi everyone!

Badred

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Badred and new to the forum. I just purchased a Motorola Droid. It's a lot of fun but very complex. I'm hoping to get information and suggestions to help me learn the iintricacies of the Droid. I do have a question. Instead of album art in my music, it has auto-filled with personal pictures from my gallery. I can't delete them. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone help with this dilema? Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Badred and new to the forum. I just purchased a Motorola Droid. It's a lot of fun but very complex. I'm hoping to get information and suggestions to help me learn the iintricacies of the Droid. I do have a question. Instead of album art in my music, it has auto-filled with personal pictures from my gallery. I can't delete them. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone help with this dilema? Thanks

:welcome: to the forum. I'm understanding what you're saying but I've never experienced this myself. Did you drag and drop your music?

I used iTunes and then a free program called double twist to import my music and my pictures. With the import of the music came my album covers. I believe the one time I did drag an album into the media folder the art cover came with it.

Sorry I can't help. Maybe somebody else will, I can tell you this is not the first time I've seen this problem. Try a google search, forum search might be difficult. It will probably lead you right back to this forum anyway.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: Glad to have you join us :D

Are your pics just floating around in the DCIM folder or do you have them in folders?

OP
B

Badred

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for the welcome. I did drag and drop my music from my personal music folder and some from iTunes. Some came with artwork, but some filled with personal photos. I don't know what you mean by "floating around in the DCIM folder". My pictures seem to be in all different folders. I made some folders but pics seem to duplicate into other folders also. I took it to Verizon and they said it's normal. Personally, I don't think he was too sure about that. Anyway, I just want to delete the pics from the album art. Thanks

OP
B

Badred

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks so much Hook! I will go there and check things out. If you come across anything new please let me know.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by "floating around in the DCIM folder".

Pick up Astro in the market for free. It lets you explore your phone's folder/file structure. /sdcard is your card and there is a /sdcard/dcim folder there. Everything on your card is on the /sdcard which you also can see if you usb mount your phone to your computer.

I've also heard nothing but good things about Double Twist. I just manually grabbed files out of my computer and dragged them to the sdcard where I wanted them, so have never used it myself. I created a media/music folder and in there they went. It depends how you store your music on your computer I suppose too.

Yes there is a lot of stuff with a smart phone but you're in good hands here. In no time you'll be flying on this thing. Welcome aboard!

OP
B

Badred

Reaction score
Thanks alot Chris. I'm beginning to understand about the SD card. I'll be experimenting with folders to see if that will help.