Hey guys

azules9780

Reaction score
Well I started a thread early early this morning and got some input and then everyone just kind of disappeared. I did however figure it out on my own using some educated guesses so I am now rooted. Just wanted to say thanks for the help especially to jstafford1 for pointing me to the right place to get it done. Time to OC and tether!:icon_ banana:dancedroid

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Anytime.....any more questions feel free to ask.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're welcome. :biggrin:

Welcome to the boards. If jstafford1 doesn't help you out, there's always someone here who can. ;)

OP
A

azules9780

Reaction score
Ok, well if you could help me out with these couple things, I would appreciate it.

1. I want to overclock and I'm searching the BB rom section and not really finding an "overclocking for dummies guide" and I want to do that asap.

2. I want to do whatever I need to do to tether my phone and I really need to make these two things happen before I go back to work tomorrow so I can use my computer at work for my online classes.

3. How do i get all of my apps and stuff back, can I just use one of the save things I did and it'll make my phone go back to how it was before but allow me to still stay tethered, overclocked and rooted?

If you guys could help me out with these things, I would really appreciate it. Also, i ahve not had a chance to even begin researching #2 and 3 yet. Still trying to search for number one but if you could make this process faster, my wife would appreciate it and so would I.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
#1 is kinda easy. OC kernels are in update.zip format. To install these you rename them update.zip (making sure no extra .zip file extensions are on it) put it on the root of your sdcard, boot into recovery ( power off, hold x while powering on til M comes up), select install, then allow update.zip(screen will just flash) then install update from sdcard (deprecated) forget exact wording. Then reboot.
#2 barnacle wifi tether from the market, bam done.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
#3 get titanium backup. Will save your apps and settings.

OP
A

azules9780

Reaction score
Haven't quite got it all to work happily yet but I'm Oc'd to 1.3LV using BB. The wifi tether isn't working yet so I downloaded terminal emulator to try and solve that issue and that brings up something else that I have no idea what to do with but I think I can figure that out tomorrow. Either way, few slight working issues that should be pretty easy to fix. Man, I really appreciate it, thanks dude.

If i can't get it working tomorrow within a few hours, I'll be back on here trying to trouble shoot.

Thanks many times over!