Hey everyone

PhillyPEFS

Reaction score
hey everyone, im new to posting on this forum but not exactly new to the Droid. I had the original droid when it first came out and absolutely loved it, then unfortunately got some water damage and had to bury him in the back yard and was sent the Droid 2 by the insurance and have been looking for a replacement ever since. I have had problems with this phone since i got it, turning on and off on its own, not being able to run pandora if i get a text phone shuts off, and the constant seizures where i gotta wait hours until the screen stops flipping out. i recently drank a little too much recently n cracked the screen. So i was wondering if i should call it into insurance and get a replacement and figure out a way to fix it, or just buy the bionic or wait for the new iphone. I would appreciate your input, Thanks.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. sounds like u got a lemon Lol. see if vzw tech can assist. might be hardware and could've been a refurbished one u received. if not, factory reset...yuck. what version are u currently running

OP
PhillyPEFS

PhillyPEFS

Reaction score
android version 2.3.3 i just got the gingerbread update 2 fridays ago. noticed that my phone was running alot faster and smoother. i could actually open the google search on the first try (previously had to open, type a few letters before it froze, then hit home and try ago) but now all i can really do is receive phone calls and text using the keyboad, touch screen is pretty much shot, until i do something about a new phone.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I know lots of ppl were having issues especially on the DX. I have the Global, no updates yet. my DX received the update and so far its good. ur screen isn't working? none of ur apps are coming up?

OP
PhillyPEFS

PhillyPEFS

Reaction score
well i got a slight crack in it labor day weekend so thats why the screen doesnt really work. had a little bit of an issue riding a bike haha... but before that happened the only issue with the screen i had after i would talk on the phone, the screen would flip out. i would have to hope they hung up n lock my screen, because if i didnt random apps would open, random people would be called, it was terrible. i thought it was like moisture from my face messing up the phone, but then i would start using the speaker phone and hold it no where near my face and it would still happen.