1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

helpppp

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by lags917, Feb 18, 2010.

1. lags917

lags917 New Member

i'm so lost. i just signed up for this because i can't figure out how to do a few specific things on my new droid eris that i got yesterday..
    i don't even know if i'm posting this in the right place but i'm hoping someone will read it and be able to help me.

okay, so i installed the app Handcent so that i didn't have to deal with the stock SMS on my eris. no problem installing it and customizing it. the problem is, whenever i get a text message, i receive it twice - once through stock SMS and once through Handcent. I don't know how to disable the stock SMS. help !

also, if i finally am able to disable the stock SMS, is it true that, since Handcent is an app, i won't need a text messaging plan through verizon ??
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I have a Moto Droid but I do not use Handcent. Hopefully, someone who uses that app and or phone will respond. Until then, go to the forum do a search for Handcent. There are several threads that may help.

Good Luck,

Mike