helpppp

lags917

Reaction score
i'm so lost. i just signed up for this because i can't figure out how to do a few specific things on my new droid eris that i got yesterday..
i don't even know if i'm posting this in the right place but i'm hoping someone will read it and be able to help me.

okay, so i installed the app Handcent so that i didn't have to deal with the stock SMS on my eris. no problem installing it and customizing it. the problem is, whenever i get a text message, i receive it twice - once through stock SMS and once through Handcent. I don't know how to disable the stock SMS. help !

also, if i finally am able to disable the stock SMS, is it true that, since Handcent is an app, i won't need a text messaging plan through verizon ??

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
go into your settings on the native app and disable the notifications.

you will still need the texting plan, it's just an app

edit: it clarify, everything on your phone (including the phone app) is an app. that's why it's not a workaround for the texting plan.. that would be cool though ;)

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
go into your settings on the native app and disable the notifications.

you will still need the texting plan, it's just an app

edit: it clarify, everything on your phone (including the phone app) is an app. that's why it's not a workaround for the texting plan.. that would be cool though ;)

Also, the stock SMS app is still an app! Texting requires a text plan, you are still using SMS.