Help!

Logo_22

Reaction score
I just installed the rubix 1.6 on my droid x and everything was going fine but now im getting a bunch of errors. google servies framework, swype, voice commands and gmail have all stopped working and force close buttons keep popping up.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you follow the directions on how to install the rubix rom properly?

OP
L

Logo_22

Reaction score
I certainly thought so. It said that everything had installed correctly. and when my phone rebooted the theme was installed. There are just the 4 apps or so that continually force close which is preventing me from doing anything.

cpjr

Reaction score
Did you format all data and cache before hand? And what theme are you talking about.

OP
L

Logo_22

Reaction score
I might have gone about this completely wrong. I am a complete rookie at this. I installed the black juice theme for for rubix focused.

I didnt format the data or cache. which sounds like something that was probably important to all of this.

is there anyway to just reset my phone to its settings from this morning?

detox

Reaction score
Hopefully you made a backup before installing. Is this so?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

the5barrons

Reaction score
I'm gonna take a stab at it from what I've read. You are supposed to do a data cache clear before you install the rom. If you didn't do a nandroid backup previous to installing the rom, you'll need to sbf back to 2.2 (if that's what you're on), re-root, deodex, theme and then rom. If you have nandroid backup, you should be able to get back to the recovery mode and load the backup.

Did I get it right>?

detox

Reaction score
I'm gonna take a stab at it from what I've read. You are supposed to do a data cache clear before you install the rom. If you didn't do a nandroid backup previous to installing the rom, you'll need to sbf back to 2.2 (if that's what you're on), re-root, deodex, theme and then rom. If you have nandroid backup, you should be able to get back to the recovery mode and load the backup.

Did I get it right>?

If you did a backup, go to bootstrap - wipe data andd cache- restore you backup. You will still be rooted. Then you install a rom and a theme that works with that rom. Always install a rom before you install a theme. I always wipe data and cache before installing a new rom but do not wipe before installing a theme with that rom

OP
L

Logo_22

Reaction score
i do believe i made a back up. is there anyway someone could give me a quick walkthrough on how i would find a back up if i made one? or how to get back to my stock 2.2?

Thanks in advance.

detox

Reaction score
i do believe i made a back up. is there anyway someone could give me a quick walkthrough on how i would find a back up if i made one? or how to get back to my stock 2.2?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have rom manager. If you do, you can see the backup in there. I always rename my backups to know which is which

OP
L

Logo_22

Reaction score
i have rom manager, but how do i get to it without actually going through the app? forgive me for being a complete novice at all of this stuff.

detox

Reaction score
Before you install a Tom, I would suggest downloading titanium backup via the market so all of your thongs are backed up. Also I would back up your contact because you may lose them. Don't trust backup assistant. It didn't work for me

detox

Reaction score
You can check bootstrap for your backup. Your backup will be listed with the date it was created

the5barrons

Reaction score
Before you install a Tom, I would suggest downloading titanium backup via the market so all of your thongs are backed up. Also I would back up your contact because you may lose them. Don't trust backup assistant. It didn't work for me

Thongs? lol.

detox

Reaction score

Thongs? lol.

Stupid auto correction. Lol