Help!

OP
L

Logo_22

Reaction score
how do i go about checking my bootstrap?

and i dont know where thongs is coming from either. my guess is someone is using swype. lol

detox

Reaction score

and i dont know where thongs is coming from either. my guess is someone is using swype. lol

The I and the o are right beside each other on the keyboard. Lol.

Do you have Droid x bootstrapped installed on your phone? It takes you to the bootstrap menu. You can also get there without rom manager. They have YouTube tutorials that can show you all you need to know. That's how I first learned

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

detox

Reaction score
If you have Droid x bootstrapper. Hit bootstrap recovery and then reboot recovery. Once in bootstrapper, you will use you volume keys for navigating through the fields, the camera key to select, and the power key to go back

OP
L

Logo_22

Reaction score

The I and the o are right beside each other on the keyboard. Lol.

Do you have Droid x bootstrapped installed on your phone? It takes you to the bootstrap menu. You can also get there without rom manager. They have YouTube tutorials that can show you all you need to know. That's how I first learned

what exactly am i looking for on youtube?

detox

Reaction score
Google search " how to restore from backup on clockwork recovery"

detox

Reaction score
If I were you I would also check out how to install a custom rom

OP
L

Logo_22

Reaction score
alright guys, once again thanks for all the help. i owe y'all a beer. its looking like i dont have a backup. how can i just get back to plain old 2.2?

detox

Reaction score
SBF restore. That's a whole other can of worms. Something I have never done yet. Search the forums for SBF restore. You have to download files to your PC or laptop to complete this

detox

Reaction score
You will have to reroot and you might lose everything on your phone. Like I said, I've never done it. Don't take my word for anything on this matter

OP
L

Logo_22

Reaction score
Well... i lost everything on my phone, and dug through every forum i could find, but i finally got my phone back to stock 2.2. thanks again for everyones help today. makes me glad to be part of the android community! time to go install launcher pro and get rooted again tomorrow. just gotta make sure i dont make the same mistake twice! lol

detox

Reaction score
Use it as a learning experience. At least you know how how to restore to stock. Sorry you lost all your info. Remember to make a backup. Its better to have too many than not enough!