Help!!!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, this might be a considerably long explanation but I'm filling you in on the details and need help and suggestions. So, my niece ripped my Droid off the charger and now it's acting up. The charger port is obviously damaged because it wont charge unless I hold it just right and it last about 2 seconds. If I touch the chord at all it cause my phone to just reboot. I'm assuming it's because of it being ripped from the charger because I wasn't having problems with this before hand. So, I've run into multiple problems. First off, does anyone know where I can download the Droid 1 stock ROM and kernel? I'm obviously rooted and if they see that, then they wont replace my phone. I had created a stock backup but it doesn't install properly so I can't use that method. Second, if anyone can post a link that allows me to unroot my phone that would be great. I used Root Droid 1 - Regardless of OS version if that makes any difference. The biggest problem I think is the fact that I don't think I can unroot my phone unless I can connect it via usb, so that's obviously an issue. On top of that, my battery is in yellow and wont last a long time. If anyone can do this for me I would appreciate it greatly!!!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Until someone comes along to help you, I just want to say do NOT flash anything on your droid until you're nearly fully charged. When your battery is almost dead you could possibly do some serious damage. I'm going to move this over to the rescue squad where you'll get help a little more quickly. I'm pretty sure they'll all tell you the same thing. How old is your niece?

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I won't. But I can't even charge my phone. The onle reason it's charged now is because I used my sister's droid to charge it. That's why I'm worried about not being able to unroot. And thanks for moving it. I completely forgot about there being a Rescue Squad section. And she is two.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Now you know what they mean when they say "terrible 2's" :rofl3:

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I wish I didn't. The way I see it, it's not fixable unless something miraculous happens. I'm obviously not getting it replaced unless I let it go completely dead. On second thought, they'll just use a different battery, then see that I've made changes

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good news. Unrooted and back to stock. Didn't even have to use the USB chord thankfully

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you:)