Solved Help

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Diehard Motorola Droid user 8 years hoping someone can tell me what happened. Camera not functioning on skype . I can see them but they cannot see me. Surprisingly seemingly my son and his third year of college computer programming tells me it's a glitch possibly because of course I upgrade his phone every two years as well promised I would continue to always pay for it as long as he was in school but much to my surprise kids today do not use Skype type social media or voice recognition often. I love them both it has just been recently back into face to face communication interaction with grandchildren and new friends now I find out are you into it I cannot Skype and most but not all have iPhone junk in my opinion Long story short will there be an upgrade for this issue or am I screwed out of face to face communication socialization with my family and friends till next years upgrade ? Just found this out today very distraught

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Can you tell us what you've tried so far to remedy the problem? Was the app downloaded from the Play Store directly, or downloaded from your browser? Or are you using the browser version? Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it?
A little more information will help us to better help you.
:)

S5 tap'n

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hello --is his phone's camera working for pics and selfies ? You can try another app such as Viber to eliminate it being a Skype issue ...connection has to be good for his video to work ..so is he on good wifi ?

6s Plus

Reactions: cr6
OP
Sirlovesalot2000
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
I have Skyped with three friends and my son silent night can only talk on skype are there three of my friends I can see them we can talk but they cannot see me so I'm guessing sons camera same thing everything when your goal was transferred from droid I razors def to our new turbos we are not positive because he does not Skype as often unless I make him from college and then he free redownload app and I have never it has always been transferring from phone to phone 2 upgrades I no in the first 6 months of last year it worked because I used it quite often

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
Sirlovesalot2000
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Yes cameras work great both moving and still

OP
Sirlovesalot2000
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
But half the people I know grandchildren ex-wives have iPhones and they use FaceTime and then we're back to another problem

OP
Sirlovesalot2000
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
My son said something about connection high-speed well I've got close to the highest home internet speed to Comcast and have never had an issue over first 6 months of last year months

OP
Sirlovesalot2000
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
It's as if every other phone will work with Skype but not this new droid turbo

OP
Sirlovesalot2000
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
I should have everyone download I believe the Google something is supposed to be compatible and good any suggestion other than viber

OP
Sirlovesalot2000
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Play Store 10 years ago and I don't believe I have ever changed anything but my son constantly for the last 5 years I have papers for as long as he's in school has deleted and redownloaded to Skype numerous times

OP
Sirlovesalot2000
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Skype has been done well for me over these many years in so many wonderful ways I I want it back

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I should have everyone download I believe the Google something is supposed to be compatible and good any suggestion other than viber

Google Hangouts has video chat. I believe that works on iPhone as well as Android devices.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

OP
Sirlovesalot2000
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
They called you that Johnny Kansas have Sun and everyone else go with Google hangout and that's different than the old hangout green box I still have installed for backup I don't believe that's going on otherwise it would say why thank you I believe I read something about that one being the best of the five I look into

OP
Sirlovesalot2000
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Sorry I better at it before I send from here on out I'm new thanks again I'm going to download that one now and make a few calls

OP
Sirlovesalot2000
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
So I'm not finding Google Hangouts I have hangouts green box have had it for years reception is poor but are you saying there is another Google one that I saw the other night with some heavy set kid in a chair as a spokesperson and there were for others you could review and they said this particular Google app was rated the highest but now I can't find it again it can't possibly be Hangouts with the green box that I have had for years and my girlfriend dumped it fuzzy fuzzy poor reception we had issues off and on with Skype over the years her in Florida me and Minnesota