Help?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok so I've never really run a MUIU rom before so I have a couple questions...
First, which one is the latest build? I see a 1.6.3 and a 1.6.17 and saw someone said a 1.6.2 might be coming out soon...so I'm kinda lost about if 1.6.3 is the newest or if it really is an older version
Second is compcache possible on these and does it matter which kernels for it to work on here?
Third, I did try the 1.6.17 but even overclocked with a 1.25ghz ulv kernel and the high resolution unchecked but the homescreens were still very laggy, does the v6 supercharger script really work well enough to compensate for that?
Fourth I looked at the themes in the theme manager and they are basically all Japanese? Chinese? Do they have English letters after applied?
And fifth, are there any special tips or anything different than a regular rom install?
Thanks, I hope I can figure this rom out, I feel like REALLY changing things up from the normal roms

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Edit: thought the official website might clear up what the most recent is but it says 1.6.10.1 for the D1...NOW I'm really confused lol

Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
1. 1.6.10.1 i sthe most recent build. 1.6.17 i sthe next release (with new lockscreen)
2. compcache does work, but i dont really use it so I haven't truied it on other kernels. I knowit does work on teh stick kernel and autostarts at boot
3. the ROM comes with the multitask option from V6 already set. try using another launcher to see if it helps or try a higher voltage. I've seen others say that chevys med voltage plays really well with this version.
4. yes, the themes will apply in English
5. do not restore system data and start fresh...if you dont need app data either then start fresh with that as well.

toastedoats

Reaction score
Version numbers are release dates. Once you realize that it is easy to know what the latest is. Also, they typically are released on Fridays.

0.11.19 = 2010.November.19
1.6.3 = 2011.June.3
1.6.10 = 2001.June.10 (latest as of this post)

upcoming would be expected
etc, etc

OP
metalspring

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks and I didn't think of changing the voltage because ulv always works perfect on every other rom, however muiu being so different might make it different...and I'll probably change the supercharger setting to balanced 3, it's my favorite anyway

OP
metalspring

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I added my build.prop tweaks and sysctl tweaks and a few other little changes and now the launcher is speeding right along
However I tried a theme and most of my toggles ended up in Japanese? :( isn't there some way to fix that besides a different theme?

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well I added my build.prop tweaks and sysctl tweaks and a few other little changes and now the launcher is speeding right along
However I tried a theme and most of my toggles ended up in Japanese? :( isn't there some way to fix that besides a different theme?

Toggle images are typically part of the theme. If you see text in them, contact the theme creator to see if they can change it.

Card

Reaction score
I can also vouch that the medium voltage kernels run the smoothest on MIUI. With low voltage, I would get random hangs, some apps would FC, and it ran quite warm. On ultra-low voltage, I could barely keep MIUI running stable. Tons of random reboots and most memory-intensive apps would never run right, plus the CPU would get up to almost 120 degrees within a few minutes. Running the medium voltage 1.1ghz kernel, everything feels smooth and snappy. :)