Phone reboots when installing/uninstalling apps from market/titanium

choujin1975

Reaction score
Relatively new to the rooting scene but have been mowing my way through a bunch of ROMs in search of "the one" - really like MIUI, fast and the difference in the UI is great (along with the ability to use LauncherPro to change back to that more familiar look...)!

I had some strange issues w/V5 - installed and loaded backed up user apps/data with Titanium (not probs) but after that apps would download from the market but not install on the first try ~ second would work....found all the apps on my SD card under downloads later. Issue escalated recently where any install from market/Titanium would cause the phone to reboot directly to boot animation (skipping the moto logo) but the apps would be installed after the reboot. Objective achieved (app loaded) but REALLY annoying.....

V6 is out so I wiped data/cache in SPR and formatted DATA, SYSTEM, CACHE, BOOT via ADB shell then installed V6.....wasn't sure if Titanium was a problem so backed up my SD card to PC and wiped Titaniumbackup folder then went and manually re-installed all apps one-by-one from market (no issues) - and did a titanium back up of user apps only then pulled files for Aedict (japanese dictionary app) from Titanium folder on PC and tried to restore data only (didn't work but I gave up as I did not have too much data to lose on the Aedict app...). After that the reboot on (un)install app issue is back and now goes directly to full reboot from moto logo....but the apps are installed after reboot.....

Anyway, sorry for the long explanation (figured giving more info was better) but if anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate some help.....love the ROM but if I have to go through a reboot every time I add/remove apps it may be a dealbreaker.....

fox_dye

Reaction score
make sure that you flash v6.2. v6 had a lot of glitches in it and was replaced by 6.2 within about an hour.

OP
C

choujin1975

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll re-download off the 6.X link and give it a try....had the same issue from 5.X as well so it may be something else??

OP
C

choujin1975

Reaction score
OK - downloaded 6.2 and backed up apps using appbrain - wiped data/cache in SPR, formatted DATA, SYSTEM, CACHE, BOOT using ADB shell then installed 6.2. signed in to google account and downloaded appbrain from the market (no issues) then proceeded to download all apps using the appbrain app on phone (no issues). Did a backup of all user apps on Titanium and then realized I was missing carhome ~ went to download from the market; download successful but during install phone rebooted to boot animation (skipping moto logo) again (carhome was there after the reboot however).......I'm stumped here - I'm trying to keep as much of a clean slate re-install on everything (hence using appbrain instead of Titanium apps+data) but still coming up with this issue after full sytem wipe and re-install.....HELP!

Could a Titanium backup be messing with something here?

Thanks again!

OP
C

choujin1975

Reaction score
......also found the carhome apk in the SD card in downloads........any ideas?

Thanks everyone.