Help with direvers (SBF Flashing)

Mr. R

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to SBF flash my phone, but Windows 7 cannot find the drivers I need when I plug in the phone via USB. I have been searching for these drivers (S Flash OMAP3630 MI), but I've ended up with an excessive amount of broken links. And it's difficult to navigate through Mortorola's website. I'm not very patient with searching.

Also, are there any backup procedures I should do first? Like a complete "NAND Backup" or whatever. I just want to install Android OS 2.3, and my phone is being relentless asking me to update to 2.3. So I have to do this. And I don't want to have to go through this again either, so I'm backing up immediately after I flash.

I think the reason why it's not updating is because I deleted some built-in apps, but that shouldn't be preventing updates. That's just wrong. I assume I can use the backup right after the flash, restore it, update the OS, and switch back to a ROM I was previously using. I just REALLY don't want to ever have to flash my phone again because of how risky it can be.

Thanks for any help. :motdroidvert:

OP
M

Mr. R

Reaction score
USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

You can get your drivers there. If you need any more help let me know

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I should find some recently updated instructions soon. Right now, RSD Lite is still not recognizing my phone device. I have bootleader 30.03 running, USB connected, MotoHelper/Flash driver installed, clicked on "Show Device" and it does nothing. There's nothing listed on any of the ports. Device manager says Motorola Flash Interface device is working properly.

OP
M

Mr. R

Reaction score
Make sure your running RSD as admin (right click on the program icon) also open RSD before you connect your phone get your phone in bootloader then connect to your computer

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Thank you. Running it as admin worked. RSD Lite now sees my Droid X.
But I got:

Code:
Failed flashing process. [...] Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (0x703B); phone connected.
I guess this means I need a different SBF?
Mine that was recommended in a post was: VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf
I can go find a 2.2.xx one and try it.

EDIT:
OK, I've gotten a bit further. I was using RSD Lite v4.7 and I upgraded to 5.0 now. I was getting close to completion but then this error showed, so I guess ignore the last one:

Code:
Error sending RAM download for bootloader [...]
Then the phone rebooted and I lost the message (could not copy & paste). I'm don't think that it flashed correctly. The websites VCAST and this website came up shortly after my phone came back on: http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home

So that was odd. I'll try the 2.3.340 SBF and see if that'll work.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Don't you have to use a specific RSD Lite for the dx? (think its 4.7 or 4.8) Otherwise it doesnt work right.