Help setting up POP email

shimanomike

Reaction score
I haven't been able to set up my email correctly on this phone and was hoping someone had some ideas for me to try.
I am able to pull my emails but it will not let me send. I am using a POP server. As I am setting it up, when I get to the SMTP part, I get this error :Your outgoing server response: 571 imp11 smtp.charter.net OTcuMjE2LjE2OC4xMzE= You must connect from Charter IP space. E1110

Got any ideas?
Thanks

xfeathersx

Reaction score
Adding a POP3/IMAP email account​
1.​
Press HOME, then tap Mail.

2.​
On the Choose a mail provider screen, tap Other (POP3/IMAP).

Note​
If the account type you want to set up is not in the phone database,
you will be asked to enter more details. It is recommended that
you get all pertinent information for the email account such as
incoming/outgoing server settings before you proceed.

3.​
Enter the Email address and Password for the email account and
then tap
Next.

4.​
Enter the Account name and Your name and then tap Finish
setup

OP
S

shimanomike

Reaction score
Been there done that. It will bring in the emails, but will not send. There is something it does not like in the outgoing settings. Ive set it up like my property settings in my email, plus Ive set it up just like I have on my other phones in the past.

sxmead

Reaction score
I also have a problem: I've done all the above actions, but when I tap MAIL, it just goes into an endless cylce and nothing appears. I believe I need to delete this account and start again, but I don't know how to delete the account.

mhotovec

Reaction score
I haven't been able to set up my email correctly on this phone and was hoping someone had some ideas for me to try.
I am able to pull my emails but it will not let me send. I am using a POP server. As I am setting it up, when I get to the SMTP part, I get this error :Your outgoing server response: 571 imp11 smtp.charter.net OTcuMjE2LjE2OC4xMzE= You must connect from Charter IP space. E1110

Got any ideas?
Thanks

I'm only guessing, but this fixed the problem I had with my smtp server (not Charter). Make sure SSL is 'checked', and set the port to 465.

lumpysherman

Reaction score
I cannot connect to my mediacom pop3 account.
I've tried mail.mchsi.com
port 110
but it will not connect. Anybody else having problems with mediacom or a solution. I have contacted mediacom but have not heard back yet. If they are able to resolve it I will post it.

OP
S

shimanomike

Reaction score
Fixed

Problem fixed. I went to my local Verizon store and the lady that runs it will track down a problem when you give it to her. She didn't know what to do but had it figured out in minutes. When she got to the outgoing mail server, she typed "smtp.charterinternet.net" in the settings and that did it.

big erick

Reaction score
go to email set-up. add account. then put the address in and passcode. then instead of hitting next, select manual set-up. then select IMAP for yahoo, or pop3 for all others. then put in your user name, then password, the where it says- IMAP server, make sure it says IMAP.mail.yahoo.com in the box then select NEXT. on the next screen where it says SMTP make sure you write SMTP.mobile.mail.yahoo.com and make sure the digits 587 are in there and select finish and you'll be all fixed up. I hope this works for you folks!!

Red5LTr

Reaction score
Alright guys and gals, I had my e-mail set up on my phone (droid) :) and I had to do a system restore on the phone and not I can get the outgoing server to take. Incoming server is fine, I go through everything like I always have and when I get to the outgoing server side I get the following message, "unable to open connection to server" WTF, I never had an issue with my BB and up until now, with my Droid.

Can anyone help me here?

p.s. This is a POP# account to. I'm using the same settings as my OUTLOOK email account. Of course I don't know the port numbers om OUTLOOK

mail.sanduskyelectric.thomaswebs.net port 110 (incoming)
mail.sanduskyelectric.thomaswebs.net port 587 (outgoing)
I have "requires sign in" checked in the droid setup because our outgoing email is setup to have to have authentication to send

Last edited:

eadamos

Reaction score
Charter Email Settings for Mobile Phones

I noticed from the original post that the user had a Charter account. I myself had the same problem, but I stumbled on the following info from Charter and their settings did the trick. Hopefully, this info can save some frustrations for Charter email users and maybe some of the settings can shed some light for others using the other email providers.

-Bert

You will need the following information to allow your Smartphone to connect to mobile.charter.net.
Username : [email protected]
Make sure you enter @charter.net after your username or you will be unable to login.
Password: The password you use to login to your e-mail account
SSL : This setting should be on for both SMTP and IMAP

SMTP: mobile.charter.net
  • Port 587
  • Note: If you cannot specify a port on your device - try mobile.charter.net:587
IMAP: mobile.charter.net
  • Port 993
  • Note: If you cannot specify a port on your device - try mobile.charter.net:993
If applicable: a login will be required when sending and receiving mail.

KinderwoodLabs2

Reaction score
go to email set-up. add account. then put the address in and passcode. then instead of hitting next, select manual set-up. then select IMAP for yahoo, or pop3 for all others. then put in your user name, then password, the where it says- IMAP server, make sure it says IMAP.mail.yahoo.com in the box then select NEXT. on the next screen where it says SMTP make sure you write SMTP.mobile.mail.yahoo.com and make sure the digits 587 are in there and select finish and you'll be all fixed up. I hope this works for you folks!!
Sorry, this doesn't work for Yahoo.

selluminis

Reaction score
Try port 995 for in and 465 for out. Also, make sure to check secure login.