Charter mail setup for Droid X2

gvsmith17

Reaction score
I cannot set up my charter email on my Droid. I have contacted Charter several times (waste of time) and been into the Verizon store. I get a connection error: Unable to connect to smtp.charterinternet.com. Here are the settings I am currently using. POP mail server - Server:mail.charterinternet.com Port: 110 Use secure connection: NO Authentication: No SMTP server - Server:smtp.charterinternet.com Port: 25 Use secure connection: NO Authentication: No.
Can anyone help me??

lalong

Reaction score
I had the same issue and I think I may have a solution for you. I am using Thunderbird. I contacted Charter tech support and was told to change my server from pop.charter.net to imap.charter.net on my home computer, but that did not work. After much gnashing of teeth and pulling of what little hair I have, I noticed the title on the account server setup said "Server Type: POP Mail Server" with no option to change. I added a NEW account using the account setup wizard, chose an IMAP server type when prompted, and put in imap.charter.net as the server address and it worked!

Apparently the basic functions of POP and IMAIL are different. The system then synched my local and server mail info, which took some time.

Before you do this I strongly recommend you do a manual backup of your email settings and data, by locating the data directory (C:\Users\alx\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\{random name}.default\Mail\Local Folders, in my case).

Hope this helps!

I cannot set up my charter email on my Droid. I have contacted Charter several times (waste of time) and been into the Verizon store. I get a connection error: Unable to connect to smtp.charterinternet.com. Here are the settings I am currently using. POP mail server - Server:mail.charterinternet.com Port: 110 Use secure connection: NO Authentication: No SMTP server - Server:smtp.charterinternet.com Port: 25 Use secure connection: NO Authentication: No.
Can anyone help me??