help setting up modem!!!

johnstr

Reaction score
I'm getting very frustrated!! I'm trying to use my Droid to use as a modem on my laptop. I download adpnet from the market.... followed the steps.... connected my phone to the laptop.. problem is that i don't see a tray icon! My computer is reconizes that I have new hardware but is asking for a cd to be inserted??? So what am i doing wrong here?? I have a gateway with Windows Vista. Any help would be very very very appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

OP
J

johnstr

Reaction score
Can I do that from my phone??? I'm pretty Sure I did. I don't have internet service on my computer now..... is that what I need??? Get online with my laptop to install the software to it......

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Can I do that from my phone??? I'm pretty Sure I did. I don't have internet service on my computer now..... is that what I need??? Get online with my laptop to install the software to it......

Yes download with your Droid and transfer it to your PC.

Make sure you get the correct installer.

OP
J

johnstr

Reaction score
Thanks for you help. I'm sure I did all that already..... what's the correct installer?? Ty!

OP
J

johnstr

Reaction score
I downloaded pdanet. I picked the right one for windows xp. I plugged the phone into the computer. I went to menu on my Droid, notifications, usb connected,. Why isn't there a icon on my laptop.. what am I missing here...

OP
J

johnstr

Reaction score
Step 3 says..... run dpanet from " download" directory.... where is that?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
OP
J

johnstr

Reaction score
Rephrase... how do I copy it to my pc once I've installed it on my Droid..