Help me with rooting

xd366

Reaction score
okay so i just changed from iphone to android this past month and i'm loving the razr hd as my new phone,
but i just hate all the bloatware that comes with this phone, and i feel like it slows the phone down.

Can someone guide me in the most up to date guide on how to root my razr hd.
its on 4.1.1.
also what would be the best rom to use? what do you guys recommend?

KaChow

Reaction score
okay so i just changed from iphone to android this past month and i'm loving the razr hd as my new phone,
but i just hate all the bloatware that comes with this phone, and i feel like it slows the phone down.

Can someone guide me in the most up to date guide on how to root my razr hd.
its on 4.1.1.
also what would be the best rom to use? what do you guys recommend?

GoCliffGo05 is 100% correct and I'm not saying that just because I started the thread, he mentions. :biggrin: The way this works, is that in order to get "root" you must downgrade to ICS/4.0.4 which this version only works if you have ICS/4.0.4 (it's just Root.) Verizon has turned off the OTA's, there were 2 OTA's 1) 0.7.2 which was a Security Update, and 2) JB 4.1.1 . For those of you that are new to the scene either purchased a device recently or decided to root, there has been a major problem. That is Root can only be acheived via ICS/4.0.4 and that will not change for now. In my thread [Tool] Easy Root Komplete, I have listed the latest information that is available and done so in a comprehensive step-by-step guideline. This will take you back to ICS/4.0.4, then walk you through Root add all of the items that necessary items that are needed to secure root, then install the Security Update and JB downloads, then restore Root in the end. I am trying to find ways to shorten the steps and some people are helping out with that. With the goal to have Root and JB 4.1.1, just like the way it was before the OTA's were turned off.

In regards to Bloatware, I also put this nice thread together to address what is safe to turn off and also what some are advising to turn off, that really shouldn't be turned off. The Entitlement hack is a good read to.

KaChow

Reaction score
thanks, do i have to do a factory reset or anything like that before i do this?

Nope, just follow the instructions through root and beyond.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2