Need help rooting Razr Maxx Hd on 4.1.1

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by dillonorden, Mar 10, 2013.

1. snowman

snowman Member

Ratings:
    +7
    first if you download the updates from Motorola they won't work right now they are bad and you have to use the links to dowload them from here (the link)
    you don't need safestrap it will cause all kinds of problems , you only need it if you want to do special roms
    this link was a lot of work by sigvor thanks to him for typing all this out

you have to go back to 4.04 to root then use Voodo to save the root, then unroot saving root, then update
    after updating each time (two updates) go back and root and reload binaries in SU
    then unroot and update , after your all the way back to Jelly Bean use Voodo to re-enable Root
    do a hard reset after your back to Jelly bean and you may loose Voodo in this process , if so reload it from the store and I am usually able to reroot with it, even though it disappeared during hard reset.
    here is the link follow it and you should be good, it's a bit of a process and again thanks to Matt for the way to do it
    and thanks to Sigvor for doing this link for a step by step, and again this is for the MAXX HD just to be sure, that is the forum your in .
    also if you get stuck along the way I have had to reload the USB drivers even though I had already done this. ( windows 7)

Root XT926 to 4.1.1 Jelly Bean When OTAs Are Not Working - DroidRzr.com

2. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    "first if you download the updates from Motorola they won't work right now they are bad and you have to use the links to dowload them from here (the link) I have to take exception to this statement. No offense intended, but that statement is not true. There may have been a problem in the past, but my experience (yesterday) would indicate that the OTA updates (both the security update and the update to JB 4.1.1) are fine. I used Matt G's RazrUtility 1.10 to restore to 4.0.4. I then used the utility to root 4.0.4. I downloaded Voodoo Rootkeeper and protected rooted. I then temporarily unrooted using RootKeeper and powered off the phone. I rebooted and was notified almost immediately that there was an OTA update available. I downloaded (OTA) the first update (the security update) and rebooted. After reboot I restored root and checked to see if I was able to keep root after the update...I was. I then temporarily unrooted, powered off the phone and rebooted. Again I was almost immediately notified that there was another OTA update (the 4.1.1 update). I downloaded and installed the OTA update to 4.1.1 and after reboot I restored root. No problem what so ever. So, whatever problem Verizon or Motorola had initially it appears it has been fixed...for me and my Razr Maxx HD anyway. I doubt that Verizon, Motorola or my phone are special any different here in PA than anywhere else.

3. snowman

snowman Member

Ratings:
    +7
    ok Jp thanks for the update I'm on almost everyday and they have been bad updates for a while
    looks like they fixed then thanks for updating me

4. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    No problem my friend. KaChow's method of rooting the HD worked but was kinda cumbersome...not his fault. With the OTA updates apparently "fixed" it is just a simpler process for those wanting to root the HD. It is faster, less copy/paste of data files and less cumbersome than side loading. I will be interested to see if someone else uses the OTA method to confirm that my success wasn't just an anomoly:big smile:

5. dillonorden

dillonorden Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks u guys. Im goin to wait till i have access to a pc w/ windows 7 before i try rooting it and i need to buy a sd card also. Question off topic can i use roms from the razr maxx forum r do i have to use razr maxx hd roms? Jus wondering bc i cnt find any maxx hd

6. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Good luck, hope a different computer solves the issue. I don't think ROMs made for the Maxx will work on the HD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Search tags for this page
como rootear motorola razr i 4.1.1
droid razr maxx hd root 4.1.1

how to root droid razr maxx windows xp

i cant root my droid razr maxx hd 4.0.4 phone?

root desde sd motorola maxx

root droid razr maxx hd 4.1.1

root razr 4.1.1

root your razr hd phone

rooting razr maxx hd 4.1.1

the only utilities you need on a rooted razr are these