Help installing/getting everything out of themes

TJdaSportsGuy

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I searched the forums before posting and could not find an answer to my question. Let me preface this by saying I'm extremely new at rooting, installing custom ROM's, etc. I successfully completed a clean install of Liberty 1.0 (first went back to stock 2.3.340). Next, I attempted to install the NexTheme, pictured below.

snap20100503_234953.png

Now that you know what I've done thus far, I have a couple of questions.

1 - Why isn't the font on my status bar the same as the one above?

2 - Why doesn't my battery life indicator have a number inside of it like the one above?

3 - Why did my docker remain set on the default Liberty setting, with yellow dialer and browser icons, rather than the glass-styled one shown above?

Any and every piece of help will be greatly appreciated. Again, I really do apologize for asking what may be an obvious question for experts out there. I have moderated forums (mostly video game related) for years, so I understand how easy it is to get frustrated with a newb asking newb questions. Please bare with me and let me know which important steps I seem to be missing.

Thank you.

OP
TJdaSportsGuy

TJdaSportsGuy

Reaction score
Well folks, I solved a few of my issues. I discovered the art of downloading and installing custom docks with Launcher Pro, so I have a glass-styled one now on my phone. Also figured out how to change the icons on the dock itself to ones similar to the ones in the image above.

My only remaining issue is how to get the battery life percentage to show in the batter meter up top. Still baffled by that one. Any ideas?

andylulzyou

Reaction score
The Droid X can't display battery meters in increments on 1, it's likely the pic you posted is of a phone with a cracked bootloader running NexTheme

andylulzyou

Reaction score
How it say's 99. On a DX it is typically in increments of 10 soo

90%
80%
70%
etc

not

99%
98%
97%

etc

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
That could be a reason as to why the battery doesnt say the percentage. But as for the text on the status bar/notification bar it probably is that this ROM isnt fully compatible with this Theme. They say that it does but it probably is a port from another theme for another ROM so it works but not completely. Just like the ports of console games to PC games or vice versa.

OP
TJdaSportsGuy

TJdaSportsGuy

Reaction score
That could be a reason as to why the battery doesnt say the percentage. But as for the text on the status bar/notification bar it probably is that this ROM isnt fully compatible with this Theme. They say that it does but it probably is a port from another theme for another ROM so it works but not completely. Just like the ports of console games to PC games or vice versa.

I figured out the font issue and just changed it within the Liberty Toolbox. Am I wrong in assuming this has to be done anytime you change a theme within Liberty?

As for the battery numbers, you could be right. If this is a port, that would make sense that it isn't translating over fully.