Installing multiple themes?

killerqueenfm

Reaction score
I apologize if this isn't the best place to put this guys. I've looked all over and can't quite figure it out. I installed the titan theme today and decided I didn't like it all that much. I think it installed a couple of (themed) apps, like droidforums.net (which I don't mind ;)) and audiomanager, but I'm not sure what all it did to my system. I then installed the black gingerbread theme over it.

Now, my problem (besides the known "liberty settings" issue) is that a) I want to know if installing the second theme without wiping data and reflashing liberty is going to leave remnants that could cause bugs and b) that I can't uninstall some apps, specifically audiomanager and other themed apps. Is this just because they're left over from titan, or because they're treated as "system" apps? Any help is much appreciated guys! Thanks!

Crispityyy

Reaction score
I want to know if installing the second theme without wiping data and reflashing liberty is going to leave remnants that could cause bugs and b) that I can't uninstall some apps, specifically audiomanager and other themed apps. Is this just because they're left over from titan, or because they're treated as "system" apps?

1. Well the best thing to ALWAYS do before installing a theme (or modifying the ROM at all for that matter) is to make a backup. That way if you dont like it, you can simple go to the backup and youre good to go.

2. You can always remove the themed apps no matter what theme they came with. Liberty toolbox>App Management>Remove Apps>(Menu)Show all apps>(select) Themed app.

3. I believe if a theme you apply has themed a certain app, and then you flash a new theme that did not touch the previously themed app then it will stay the way it is (themed from the first app).

...hope that explains some stuff. If Im wrong, someone please chime inn :)

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
3. I believe if a theme you apply has themed a certain app, and then you flash a new theme that did not touch the previously themed app then it will stay the way it is (themed from the first app).

...hope that explains some stuff. If Im wrong, someone please chime inn :)

That is the main reason that you should always revert back to the stock rom before flashing a new theme.

OP
K

killerqueenfm

Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys. So 2 questions then. If I make a nandroid while on stock liberty, then flash a theme, then restore the nandroid will that remove the "extras"from the titan theme? Or to do that do I need to wipe data/flash stock, then install the new theme?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Crispityyy

Reaction score
If I make a nandroid while on stock liberty, then flash a theme, then restore the nandroid will that remove the "extras"from the titan theme? Or to do that do I need to wipe data/flash stock, then install the new theme?

Im a little confused lol but I think I got what youre trying to say.
You should..
1. Be on stock liberty, then make a backup.
2. Flash the theme of your choice

Then if you want to flash a different theme...
1. Restore your backup (or do a fresh install of Liberty)
2. Flash the new theme

This way there will be no crossing over of the two themes :)

OP
K

killerqueenfm

Reaction score
Ok got it! I'll have to go back to stock for now since I forgot to backup but that will definitely help for next time. Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App