Help! I lost my blackberry storm 2 but I want the Droid X now...

Crazy

Reaction score
Alright guys, I added a 2nd line onto my VZW account about 2 weeks ago and got a Blackberry Storm 2 for free via Walmart.

But I lost my Storm 2 and I don't know what to do now!

And now I want the Droid X... is there anyway VZW would let me get that for the discounted price of $199?

Or is there any other options I can do? THank you!

R

RETG

I believe if you loose a phone and do not have insurance Verizon will sell a refurb phone for discount to you. But if you have insurance you have to file a claim with the company and then it is up to them to replace, and most likely it will be with another Storm.

Polymira

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure that if you don't have insurance you can add it anytime in the 1st 30 days.

sajgel

Reaction score
You can add insurance within the first 30 days. If you have the insurance (Asurion) they would replace it with a another Storm 2. Verizon wont let you move to the Droid x for the sale price because you go the Storm at the new contract(sale) price of FREE. If you want the X, your looking at FULL price, about 6 Bills

OP
C

Crazy

Reaction score
If I add insuarance will they send me a new blackberry? If not, how much do you think I'll have to pay? Thanks.

droidman101

Reaction score
Insurance: $50 for a blackberry
Non-insurance: buy the droidx for $600

OP
C

Crazy

Reaction score
Dang! Only $50... is it new as well? If so, think Wal-mart would accept that as a return and exchange it in for the Droid X? Just curious. Once I saw the Droid X... I regretted losing/getting the Blackberry Storm :'(

Justbags

Reaction score
Don't you have 30 days to decide if you like the phone or not? That has always been the case when I get a new phone... If so, use ur insurance to get the Storm 2 back... Then go to where you got the phone and tell them you don't like the storm and get the Droid... I did that when I got a "dumb phone". Took it back for a smart one after like 2.5 weeks of having it... Granted I never lost it, but as long as u have the original box and stuff they will take it back and let you change it out within the first 30 days.