BlackBerry to DROID to BlackBerry to DROID

msblueline

Reaction score
Well, I went from my BlackBerry to the DROID and I loved it... Just the other day (Jan 8th), I went back to my BlackBerry Storm 2. I was with it for about 2 days and found myself leaving it yet again coming back to the DROID.

I was still in my 30 days of the DROID and was going to return it, being that I paid full price, I'd get a good refund. (Tough times)

Well just today (Jan 9th), my second day back with the BlackBerry, I again called Verizon and had my service switched back ovet to the DROID...

After going back to the BlackBerry, I just couldn't see me staying with it. I like BlackBerry, really I do. I just couldn't stray away from the DROID.

I saw a BIG difference going from the DROID back to the BlackBerry. I noticed that I did not miss it (the BlackBerry) as much as I had expected I would.

At first it was the BBM that (I thought) I was missing. When I started using the Storm, I observed the big change in what WASN'T there, speed, ease of access, quick response, BETTER apps, battery life, and looks. (I don't know what it is, but I love the way the DROID looks compared to the Storm 2. It just has a more appealing look to it)

I thought I would be happy with the BlackBerry Storm 2. After all, it is one of RIM's top of the line devices...

As top of the line as the Storm 2 is, it doesn't compare at all to the DROID.

In just 2 days (maybe a day and a three quarters really) I saw the DOWNGRADE I put myself through by doing that.

There really is just NO comparison in the BlackBerry's and the DROID's abilities.

What the DROID has to offer is really off the charts compared to what is available on RIM's side of the fence.

So! Not just in the Apple sense of things, but to ALL of the phones I have had, I have to say...

:motdroidvert: DROID Does!!! :motdroidvert:

I am happy I am back home again. :icon_ banana:

msblueline

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Excellent msblueline : )

Along with your Droid hopefully you are here to stay as well.....

Enjoy the Droid again.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Glad you came back over to the good side :icon_ banana: Hoping to see you on here more!

Wagner :motdroidvert:

OP
msblueline

msblueline

Reaction score
I believe I will be around for a long time (I hope anyway).

I :heart: :reddroid:!

msblueline

ips

Reaction score
Well this gets me even more excited to switch to Droid at the end of the month... Im currently on an S2(used to be S1) and have been not so patiently awaiting my annual upgrade for quite some time.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well this gets me even more excited to switch to Droid at the end of the month... Im currently on an S2(used to be S1) and have been not so patiently awaiting my annual upgrade for quite some time.

Wait no longer my friend. Give your friendly Verizon representative a call and inquire into an early upgrade. Tell them you're not happy with your S2 because of the escape button issue (my complaint). They more then likely will be happy to push your upgrade date up with either a 1 or 2 year contract extension.

It doesn't hurt to call. I actually had to make 2 calls but scored on the second one. This was in November and my upgrade date wasn't until August 2010.

dualsub2006

Reaction score
You certainly made the right choice to dump the S2 and come back to the Droid. I left my Blackberry behind on opening day and I was thrilled to junk the damn thing. In my 2+ years with a Blackberry I never really understood the attraction that people have with Messenger. I tried it a few times, but everyone that I need to IM with had Google Talk installed. BBM was and still is lost on me.

joshua117

Reaction score
Yeah I came over from a storm, no regrets at all. It kills me to think that I put up with it all that time and then when I finally switch they come out with a stable (I use this term VERY loosely:)) os.

swallman

Reaction score
I was a BB owner for years. I dabbled with an HTC Touch Pro phone back in late 2008 for about a month and returned it and switched back over to a BB Curve.

I do like the reliability of BB's email service but haven't noticed ANYTHING I am missing now that I have a Droid. I actually get my company's corporate email faster on the Droid then I ever did on my BB.

Couldn't be happier!

bacalao

Reaction score
I had my mind set on buying the storm2, but was really interested in the Droid (I was following both online). I played with both in the store and you know which I walked out with. Droid baby

boatman2220

Reaction score
I had the Storm and I actually liked it, well I had gotten used to the things you went through to use it. I upgraded to the 5.0 OS and that improved things. But it's no Droid.

boatman2220

Reaction score
I converted several over to the Storm a month or two before the Droid came out. Hope they don't want to mob me now that I have the Droid. I have told them about the Droid and we'll see if they change. One has gone to the Eris.

ips

Reaction score

Wait no longer my friend. Give your friendly Verizon representative a call and inquire into an early upgrade. Tell them you're not happy with your S2 because of the escape button issue (my complaint). They more then likely will be happy to push your upgrade date up with either a 1 or 2 year contract extension.

It doesn't hurt to call. I actually had to make 2 calls but scored on the second one. This was in November and my upgrade date wasn't until August 2010.

They already pushed it up 30 days on the phone, I tried before going back to school at a store too but apparently our last update was pushed up too by my dad so they were less than willing... but I only have to wait 13-14 more days:icon_ banana:

I never really got the whole BBM thing either... all of my friends are easily reachable by text, aim, email, facebook or call and not all of them have blackberrys.