HELP! Error Code –36 during music transfer!

Adroid

Reaction score
I am a mac guy (mac book pro, snow leopard 10.6.3)

I have followed the suggestions and have previously put my itunes library on my droid. Unfortunately, yesterday, my droid decided it had run out of energy even though it had only been 4-5 hours since i removed it from it's dock where it sits every night. I wasn't near a charger so I figured I would just shut it down until i could plug it into my car charger on lunch break.
When I turned the it back on it gave me a message saying the SD card was damaged and should be reformatted.....I did.
Now every time i try to put music on it i get this error -

The Finder can't complete the operation because some data in "song_title_here.m4a" can't be read or written. (Error code –36)

This happens with every single song in my library.

My itunes library is 90% music downloaded from my CD collection with very few albums purchased online.

Verizon suggested that I reformat the phone which would remove all the apps and my contacts I've collected since December. I'd like to avoid that

Any suggestions?

OP
A

Adroid

Reaction score
Thanks Much.

That help forum was very insightful. Unfortunately, at the end of the article this update was posted:

UPDATE – 4/4/10: Apple’s 10.6.3 update has indeed finally fixed this bug! If you installed the update and are still experiencing a Finder error, it’s likely you are suffering from a different issue that is beyond the realm of this article.

Apparently my issue is beyond the realm of this particular article.

At least I have learned what it isn't. Time for more research, thanks for the best lead yet!

OP
A

Adroid

Reaction score
Ok, Apparently it is an issue with mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.3

I am currently downloading the music at work on my mac OSX 10.5.8 and I am having no problems. Hopefully Motorola, Verizon or SD come up with a solution, but at least I know it's not the phone.

Thanks for the insightful tips!

A