Help delete Verizon contracted apps?

TooClose

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I recently purchased the droid 2 and when I got the phone I noticed some apps such as blockbuster and kindle. I tried to un-install them but the option to do so is greyed out. The Verizon rep that sold me my phone said that Verizon has contracts with the companies and the apps can not be taken off the phone. Is there a way to do this? If rooting is the solution im not sure I want to go that route because I don't want to "brick"? My phone. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rooting is the only way to get rid of them. However, you can use LauncherPro to hide them, if you don't want to root.

dast

Reaction score
Launcher pro can hide the apps if you don’t want to see them. Titanium backup pro and rooting allow you to freeze the apps so you keep them around but without them running and using resources. Simply rooting also gives you the very dangerous power of actually removing the junk, which can cause all kinds of headaches later.

Before making a risky decision, if you root, I suggest making a nandroid backup with the D2 bootstrapper.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1000 for backups!!!

Launcher pro can hide the apps if you don’t want to see them. Titanium backup pro and rooting allow you to freeze the apps so you keep them around but without them running and using resources. Simply rooting also gives you the very dangerous power of actually removing the junk, which can cause all kinds of headaches later.

Before making a risky decision, if you root, I suggest making a nandroid backup with the D2 bootstrapper.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
T

TooClose

Reaction score
Ok I am really considering just rooting now. I have someone I work with that understands how it should be done. I will have him help me do it. Thanks for the replies