HELP!!! Asurion problems

mamijessi

Reaction score
I have Asurion insurance for my Droid X through verizon and needed to get my phone replaced because they had sent me a damaged one with a bad LCD screen. They give a 15 day return policy and if you don't return the phone they say they have the right to charge up to $200 or something crazy, they even take down your debit card information just in case. My phone was in the envelope ready to go and it turns out the box I put it in got mistaken for some trash and I never got the chance to mail out the damaged phone... now asurion is calling me to remind me to turn it in before they charge me!!!
WHAT CAN I DO? Any suggestions???​

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I'm sorry but I am a little confused. Did the phone get thrown out or you still have it and just haven't sent it out yet?

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Grin and bear it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah....you're basically going to have to just accept the charge if you can't find the phone. Only other choice is to call asurion and report it lost. They'll then blacklist the MEID and hopefully won't charge you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

mamijessi

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I am a little confused. Did the phone get thrown out or you still have it and just haven't sent it out yet?

It was thrown out by mistake, no way to get it back now.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Then in that case I would have to agree with syndicate. There is not much else you can do at this point.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well considering you made this thread I'm assuming the phone had already been collected by the trash company. Guess you'll have to take the charge as there really is no other option, unless one of their reps is kind enough to report it as lost as syndicate said.