HELP!! All text messages deleted

motofan

Reaction score
Hello Everyone...new member/long time reader to the forums. I found this thread because today is the third time I've lost all my txt from handcent...only today I also lost my custom settings...like notification, bubble colors and so on. Has this happened to anyone else? I did have ALLOT of txt and I think it just can't handle that much. I noticed right before they were gone...the phone was really lagging as I was typing txt messages?

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Had this trouble just a few mins ago.. lost everything for the third time I've had this phone.. it gets a lil slow before hand, and is still slow a lil after. .startin to piss me off.. they should have an option to back up to like gmail or sd card.. use handcent and native message app, love the custom of handcent, needs a little more tho to be called perfect substitute (can't save pics from mms' in handcent)

crspang

Reaction score
I don't mean to be a smart ass but that's why I've never bothered with anything but the stock messaging app.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I was going to get rid of handcent, but there is so much more with handcent, there's hardly any customization with the stock. I hope they do more with it all in the OS update.

superglen99

Reaction score
Ive had issues with a few messages in a thread being deleted at a random spot. happened tonight. Not an issue for me yet with losing anything important. I would suggest using wavescure and backing up your texts daily so you save anything important. The app is free and quick to back stuff up.

Rawr

Reaction score
Texts just wiped. Epic. Bout 5 - 3k+ threads. Pretty pissed off. Came here soon as it happened.
Force close over and over when trying to access the stock text system.
Turned off the phone. Turned it back on. Hey look, no more texts...
If anyone has actually gotten their messages back that would be awesome to know how.
Downloaded that "WaveSecure" app. Will be testing it. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

-Justin.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Damn, heads up on the WaveSecure app with your 3k+ threads, its gonna take a long ass time to back those up, depending on network strength. Definitely a solution if it happens. But it'd be great if it didn't happen at all.

Brokn68

Reaction score
I'll prob stick with stock app till these issues are fully resolved.

anuraj1

Reaction score
this issue has been occurring for me and i only use the stock app. most frustrating thing ever.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Even on the stock app? I guess I can't blame Handcent then…

anuraj1

Reaction score
yup, it has happened to me 4 or 5 times and i have only ever used the stock app. I don't even have any other messaging apps downloaded. What really pisses me off is that it even deleted locked texts. some pretty important stuff.

Rawr

Reaction score
Yah. I see how it could take a while if you are backing up for the first time with a lot of texts.
But. If you back them up every day. It only has to add the new ones.
Which. In my opinion, is pretty nifty. Lol. :)

kaitlin_vice

Reaction score
Somewhat of a solution!!!!!

ok perople i have had the EXACT problem about 6 or 7 times now. 5 of those times the force close pop up comes up but the other 2 times the messages just cleared out with no warning. THERE IS A SOLUTION TO WHEN THE "FORCE CLOSE" POP UP COMES UP! it is kind of a hassle though. if you are in messaging or any other app when the pop up comes up, if you take your battery out and them put in back in and restart the phone the pop up will be gone and all of your messages will still be intact. OBVIOUSLY this is slightly time consuming and annoying to have to turn your phone on and off BUT if you have important info in your messaging like I do then it is well worth while. I have not yet figured out how to save my messages for the random deletion though, only when the force close window comes up. just waiting for another droid update that will fix this bug and HOPEFULLY SOON. hope this helps at least a little because this mess is annoying.
k vice

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
A good solution that someone said earlier is to backup all your texts with WaveSecure. It has a ton of advatages besides backing up messages and contacts. I do it manually, but there may be a way to set up to automatically backup at a certain time everyday, just gotta play around with it. Download and set up an account asap tho, the app is free until march 31 I think. After that you gotta pay a yearly subscription.

RkQue

Reaction score
Add me to the list. Damn I'm pretty upset I lost all of the messages. I knew I should have saved those pics off the messages. I'll never be able to convince her to send me those again.