HELP!! All text messages deleted

sicnarf315

Reaction score
I got the update yesterday afternoon and then about around 11pm last night all my text messages were deleted!

Did anyone else have this problem?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
nope, i use Handcent, a third-party software that deals with texts. I manually updated too and it still didn't erase. Wonder why some Droids are having problems...

mlee89

Reaction score
I've had my droid a month and a half had no problems until last. I got the update the first day they sent it out and I also use handcent and all my messages got deleted last night

ChrisTech

Reaction score
I recieved the update a while back, I use handcent, I have all my messages, including a 200+ thread I have going on with my girlfriend and another couple 150+ threads with friends.

Maybe some folks got "lucky" ?

bigpoppa

Reaction score
i had it happen twice.
i have handcent and the regular one that came on phone. this is pissing me off. i had a couple messages i wanted to hold on to. pics from a girl. grrrrr.

ChrisTech

Reaction score
i had it happen twice.
i have handcent and the regular one that came on phone. this is pissing me off. i had a couple messages i wanted to hold on to. pics from a girl. grrrrr.

You do know you can save sms's / attachments and otherwise? Espically if the files are important.

bigpoppa

Reaction score
*noted* lol
i guess i should have, i just wasn't planning on them disappearing.

bigtmonee

Reaction score
Yeah, i received a text message late last night and I just said "ill read it in the morning". Then I woke up to find all my text messages gone. Anyone figure out the root of this problem yet? If this is going to be an on-going thing, I want to know so I can consider changing phones...

bigpoppa

Reaction score
handcent just did an update that said it fixes the message delete issue. *fingers crossed*.

bigtmonee

Reaction score
handcent just did an update that said it fixes the message delete issue. *fingers crossed*.

How did you learn of this? Just want to know how I know when other applications I have, have released an update. They should have some kind of option to "search for updates" or something.

And this update ur speaking of came out on 12/29? I believe I already have this one...

Spoiler: TXTS STILL GET RANDOMLY DELETED :(

Last edited:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
damn mine have been deleted twice and I dont even have handcent on mine... not sure what's doing it :(

nyyfan

Reaction score
i dont have handcent, just use the stock messaging app, and i sent a text, put the phone to sleep, then when i went to check it there were two force close messages saying that messaging app had FCed. when i opened it up all of my texts were gone. really frustrating. i had some large threads, 400+, and some video/pics in a couple...maybe the program has a threshold? does anyone who has auto-delete on after say 200 messages have this problem? it would be nice to know that this is being addressed (2.1?) or how to avoid it because this is very frustrating

Husker74

Reaction score
Same issue here, don't have handcent, and don't recall seeing an update come through, but all mine disappeared today Will try the using gmail for a back up.