HELP!! All text messages deleted

droidmitch

Reaction score
happened to me as well my texts get deleted when i lock my phone every other day and it annoys me soo much

sk8sn0surf

Reaction score
Happened to me twice so far. Im not using handcent either. I hope there is a fix for this in 2.1.

Big Cam

Reaction score
*noted* lol
i guess i should have, i just wasn't planning on them disappearing.
Seems like a silly thig to complain about.

if anything is imprtant it should be saved immedietaly.

I usually clear out text messages almost daily, no point in having that junk on your phone./

Silverwing

Reaction score
Happened to me for the third time today, full text wipe. It is sort of annoying...

DroidGurl

Reaction score
Using the stock SMS app. Went to sleep one night and woke up to my phone (had been left on the home screen) displaying a SMS program "force close" message and afterwards all of my texts had evaporated. Very annoying.

myheroizme

Reaction score
Me too :( i save my important stuff, but some mssges i wanted to keep and they went away :(

tlq

Reaction score
mine was just wiped clean -.- a lot of texts are gone. i dont know which program is at fault, i do have sms popup installed. pretty unhappy bout it :/ I even made sure autodelete was off.

Last edited:

c0Ld

Reaction score
It happened to me when I had well over 10k messages saved. I'm assuming that, at some point, the app just can't handle all of the data. I haven't had them wiped ever since setting a 90 text / 10 multimedia limit with auto-delete, and my phone feels faster overall on top of it.

anuraj1

Reaction score
Crap, this just happened to me too. Even my locked messages got deleted. This is really annoying. Searched the forum and found this thread. Has anyone found a way to retrieve lost messages?

catm007

Reaction score
text issues

ive had the driod a few days and since i have had it i keep getting a force closure on my text messages and the in deletes all my threads what is the problem with it and is there any one with this problem and any saulotions

yes my spelling sucks

madamic

Reaction score
I've Lost Every Text Message.....Four Times

Last night (2010-02-18), at about 6:48pm, all of my text messages disappeared, which is the fourth such incident since I've owned my Droid. The first time this happened, I was angry, but confused, and wondered if I'd accidentally hit "Delete All Threads." The second time it happened, I was very suspicious, and by the third time I knew something was wrong.

I've tried to isolate what else I was doing that might have caused this issue, but haven't come up with much. The third time it happened (2010-02-13 around 10pm), I had recently installed an update for the Android Agenda Widget, which didn't work right, and I thought may have affected Messaging. I discarded that theory, though, because the last time it happened, I wasn't doing anything. Texts were there a few minutes earlier, then I unlocked my phone, went to send a text, and there were no messages whatsoever.

This is definitely a system bug, and I really want to see something done about this. I like to save my text messages, and I shouldn't have to worry about my damn phone deleting them, especially considering the upcharge I pay in service for a "smart phone."

rushmr2

Reaction score
This just happened to me for the first time today :( My battery was really low and i shut the phone off until i could get home and plug it in. When i did, I turned it back on and when i went to look in handcent for a text, everything was gone. It's not really the hugest deal to me but i would like to see something done about this. Is there anything new about a fix to this problem?