Help, advice, ideas...whatever I can get!

lucas.jackson

Reaction score
The first thing I did was root using 928Droids all-in-one deodox root & theme zip. I have since toyed around with some other things such as a tranquility rom by team blackhat and I love the red serenity theme from bigdx!

A few weeks ago I un-deodexed and removed root so I could receive the newest ota update and I have not been happy with my phone ever since!
Everything seems buggy, phone resets for no reason and my battery life is terrible! I have some icons that are still themed with different colors from the serenity themes and I still get the tranquility splash screen whenever I reset phone instead of the M at start up. Basically everything is jacked up!

I'm not sure where to go from here? I could do a factory reset right? But if any of the original files are out of place wont it partially brick my phone? I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure I have moved some files amongst all the themes and roms I've messed with. I have a backup of the rom and theme I was using right before unrooting but I can't use it with the recent ota update can I?

I guess I'll stop here and hope someone has some experience with this and can guide me in the right direction. Sorry for the rambling.

Thanks guys and gals,

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are on the latest update and want a clean slate then SBF. You would need to SBF to 2.3.320 and use updater to get to 2.3.340. All the files are at mydroidworld or rootzwiki. This will wipe your phone, but it wont touch the SD.

OP
L

lucas.jackson

Reaction score
Awesome! Thats the help, advice and ideas i was looking for!
Thanks guys!

OP
L

lucas.jackson

Reaction score
So i could then just save my pics from my sd card and wipe that too?
Or does it actually have some files that are needed for operating system?

OP
L

lucas.jackson

Reaction score
How long after reverting back to .320 will I see the .340 update?
Thanks

OP
L

lucas.jackson

Reaction score
Ooolalaa! Thank you so much! I was just looking into installing all the separate files from TBH. This looks alot easier.
Thanks again for your help!

kingsway8605

Reaction score
The first thing I did was root using 928Droids all-in-one deodox root & theme zip. I have since toyed around with some other things such as a tranquility rom by team blackhat and I love the red serenity theme from bigdx!

A few weeks ago I un-deodexed and removed root so I could receive the newest ota update and I have not been happy with my phone ever since!
Everything seems buggy, phone resets for no reason and my battery life is terrible! I have some icons that are still themed with different colors from the serenity themes and I still get the tranquility splash screen whenever I reset phone instead of the M at start up. Basically everything is jacked up!

I'm not sure where to go from here? I could do a factory reset right? But if any of the original files are out of place wont it partially brick my phone? I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure I have moved some files amongst all the themes and roms I've messed with. I have a backup of the rom and theme I was using right before unrooting but I can't use it with the recent ota update can I?

I guess I'll stop here and hope someone has some experience with this and can guide me in the right direction. Sorry for the rambling.

Thanks guys and gals,

Unless I misread, you upgraded to the ota update. Nearly everyone is having the problems you mentioned on system version 2.3.340
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kingsway8605

Reaction score
...SBF to 2.3.320 and use updater to get to 2.3.340...

I was informed on another forum that I wont get the .340 from the updater?

You won't get the update from .320. You need to use the full .320, then the system only .340, then check your about phone and individually update the different components that are not the current version (p3droid has a thread with all the updates.zip). Make sure you are using the sbf associated with you bootloader, there are different ones floating around or your phone will brick (thanks moto).

OP
L

lucas.jackson

Reaction score
Unless I misread, you upgraded to the ota update. Nearly everyone is having the problems you mentioned on system version 2.3.340

I hadn't realized that...I just thought I buggered something up when I removed root and un-themed and all that.
Thanks for the info, I'm headed over to hit up that update.zip with everything! Today 06:16 PM