HELP! accidentally deleted IMSCServer from Droid Bionic

Sgtblack

Reaction score
Will a factory reset solve my issue? I can no longer get a 3G data signal.

Chopteeth

Reaction score
No, somebody needs to upload it for you. I'll start working on it, by backing it up in Titanium Backup and sending it to you. You should be able to restore it that way.

Edit: Almost forgot, could you send me a backup copy of Yahoo Contacts if you have it? Thanks.

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the effort I hope it works out, I'm feeling pretty demoralized right now. =[

Chopteeth

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the effort I hope it works out, I'm feeling pretty demoralized right now. =[

Don't worry man we'll get it working, first thing tho go to Settings/Applications and check Unknown Sources, and also install Titanium Backup Free from the market (you may need to dl it from your computer then push it onto your phone if you broke your internet), you need root but I think you already have it if you were deleting system apps :).

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
Don't worry man we'll get it working, first thing tho go to Settings/Applications and check Unknown Sources, and also install Titanium Backup Free from the market (you may need to dl it from your computer then push it onto your phone if you broke your internet), you need root but I think you already have it if you were deleting system apps :).

Lol, yes I do have root and for now I can still use WIFI, Alright I have Titanium Backup.

Chopteeth

Reaction score
Lol, yes I do have root and for now I can still use WIFI, Alright I have Titanium Backup.
Okay download this file: IMSCServer.zip
Extract to the folder TitaniumBackup on your phones internal storage
In Titanium Backup there should be an option to restore it, but I've never tried this before, let me know how it works, and please create a backup of Yahoo Contacts and upload it to me :)

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
Is there any more info you need that will help you? I had the file backed up with what I uninstalled it with but when I went to install it back it just fails every time.

Chopteeth

Reaction score
Is there any more info you need that will help you? I had the file backed up with what I uninstalled it with but when I went to install it back it just fails every time.

What program did you use to uninstall it and attempt to restore it with?

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
Will do! I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks so much for this!

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
I'm in the backup/restore tab on titanium backup but I cant find out how to do it. I extracted that file to the titanium backup folder on my phone. I used (Root Uninstaller)

Chopteeth

Reaction score
I'm in the backup/restore tab on titanium backup but I cant find out how to do it. I extracted that file to the titanium backup folder on my phone. I used (Root Uninstaller)

Okay, was the TitaniumBackup folder already present on your internal storage? Is IMSCServer present in the list of apps in Titanium Backup? There should be something like 200 apps in the list, if not you need to hit menu/reload application.

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
It does not come up... It loads all the apps and I have refreshed several times the IMSCServer is still missing from the list. and yes the folder is on my internal storage.

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
The apk shows up at the bottom of the list grayed out with a line through it, when I select it it gives me no options.

Says "no backup"

Chopteeth

Reaction score
It does not come up... It loads all the apps and I have refreshed several times the IMSCServer is still missing from the list. and yes the folder is on my internal storage.

I think I got it! Click on menu, then batch, scroll down to restore and try "Restore all system data." If that doesn't work try a different restore batch option. Let me know if that doesn't work.